X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insight not liking Log4J logging instead of JULI

When I replaced the JULI logging with SLF4J/Log4J in tcServer developer 2.1.1 and create a new instance based on the insight template, I get lots of errors in the catalina log like this:

Code:
    11-Jan-2011 16:40:32.689 SEVERE org.aspectj.weaver.tools.Jdk14Trace.error defineClass
     Message: error can't determine implemented interfaces of missing type org.apache.juli.logging.Log
    when weaving type org.apache.juli.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
    when weaving classes 
    when weaving 
     [Xlint:cantFindType]
    org.aspectj.bridge.AbortException: can't determine implemented interfaces of missing type org.apache.juli.logging.Log
    when weaving type org.apache.juli.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
    when weaving classes 
    when weaving
    I'm not really sure how to get Insight to see the replacement JULI stuff that comes shipped with tcServer in the bin/extras/ directory.

Any ideas here? Thanks!

I assume you are following the documentation at [url]http://static.springsource.com/projects/tc-server/2.1/admin/htmlsingle/admin.html#manual-config-log4j[url]. I have not tried these step with Insight, but it should not make a difference. Let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by sandrews View Post
      I assume you are following the documentation at [url]http://static.springsource.com/projects/tc-server/2.1/admin/htmlsingle/admin.html#manual-config-log4j[url]. I have not tried these step with Insight, but it should not make a difference. Let us know.
      That's basically the steps I used, with the notable exception I was doing that in the tomcat-6.0.29.C/lib directory because I have several instances to configure and I don't really want to have the same JARs in each instance's lib directory.

I'll try it in the instance's dir, though to see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Brisbin,
        As I understand the tc Server so far, You got three options.
        1. You can have the JAR file under /lib directory your instance base [catalina base]. This makes you to duplicate the JAR files under each instance. May not preferrable.

2. Place the JAR files under /lib directory of Tomcat [catalina home]. No need to duplicate.

3. Plae the JAR files under any other directory and registar the directory in wrapper.conf as a PATH variable.

Comment

Working...
        X