X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDAP Configuration

I am trying to configure the LDAP for authentication. I followed all the steps, documented at http://support.hyperic.com/display/E...DAP+Properties.

I restarted the HQ Server but it doesn't authenticate the login credential against the LDAP, says 'Invalid user name and password'.

I tried to look at the log files to find out whats going there but not much information is available. Can any one of you, please help me in understanding how the LDAP configuration works in Hyperic 4.5.

It would be great if you can make me aware where to look for error message. I don't see any of them..

Is there any way I can (as logged in admin - using hqadmin)test the setup to ensure it is working other than trying to login

Thanks,
    YA

Hello,
    Any additional information would be in logs/server.log. If you don't see anything there, try configuring debug logging in conf/server-log4j.xml and restarting the server:

Code:
    <logger name="com.hyperic.hq.security">
    	<level value="DEBUG" />
    </logger>

Comment

Thank you.
      I could see the exception / error details, resolve the issue.

I would strongly recommand to add the above code in server-log4j.xml as a commented code along with other subsystems. Because I enabled the DEBUG for all the subsystems give in the server-log4j.xml earlier, still could not see anything.

So please add the code snippet to the file.

Thanks,
      YA

Comment

Working...
      X