Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Unable to start tc v2.1, bad aspect library: ..insight-collection-1.0.0.RELEASE.jar Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to start tc v2.1, bad aspect library: ..insight-collection-1.0.0.RELEASE.jar

I am not able to start a tc development server v2.1 on STS 2.5.1 (Windows XP, JDK 1.6.022), it fires the following error:

Dec 10, 2010 11:08:37 AM com.springsource.insight.tcserver.WeavingHelper findRepositoriesForClassPath
    INFO: file: pathToSTS/springsource/tc-server-developer-2.1.0.RELEASE/spring-insight-instance/insight/collection-plugins/insight-collection-1.0.0.RELEASE.jar: aspects will be woven into the main Tomcat classloader
    Dec 10, 2010 11:08:38 AM com.springsource.insight.tcserver.WeavingHelper findRepositoriesForClassPath
    INFO: file: pathToSTS/springsource/tc-server-developer-2.1.0.RELEASE/spring-insight-instance/insight/collection-plugins/insight-plugin-jdbc-1.0.0.RELEASE.jar: aspects will be woven into the main Tomcat classloader
    Dec 10, 2010 11:08:38 AM com.springsource.insight.tcserver.WeavingHelper findRepositoriesForClassPath
    INFO: file: pathToSTS/springsource/tc-server-developer-2.1.0.RELEASE/spring-insight-instance/insight/collection-plugins/insight-plugin-tomcat-1.0.0.RELEASE.jar: aspects will be woven into the main Tomcat classloader
    Dec 10, 2010 11:08:38 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap initClassLoaders
    SEVERE: Class loader creation threw exception
    Message: error bad aspect library: 'pathToSTS\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.0.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\insight\collection-plugins\insight-collection-1.0.0.RELEASE.jar'
    org.aspectj.bridge.AbortException: bad aspect library: 'pathToSTS\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.0.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\insight\collection-plugins\insight-collection-1.0.0.RELEASE.jar'
    at org.aspectj.weaver.tools.WeavingAdaptor$WeavingAda ptorMessageHolder.handleMessage(WeavingAdaptor.jav a:670)
    at org.aspectj.bridge.MessageUtil.error(MessageUtil.j ava:82)
    at org.aspectj.weaver.tools.WeavingAdaptor.error(Weav ingAdaptor.java:548)
    at org.aspectj.weaver.tools.WeavingAdaptor.addAspectL ibrary(WeavingAdaptor.java:516)
    at org.aspectj.weaver.tools.WeavingAdaptor.registerAs pectLibraries(WeavingAdaptor.java:491)
    at org.aspectj.weaver.tools.WeavingAdaptor.init(Weavi ngAdaptor.java:176)
    at org.aspectj.weaver.tools.WeavingAdaptor.<init>(Wea vingAdaptor.java:111)
    at org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.WeavingURLClassLoader. <init>(WeavingURLClassLoader.java:75)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.<in it>(StandardClassLoader.java:44)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.cre ateClassLoader(ClassLoaderFactory.java:253)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.createClassL oader(Bootstrap.java:174)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.initClassLoa ders(Bootstrap.java:92)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstr ap.java:207)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstr ap.java:391)

It happens occasionally and once it happens, even though I remove and clean the tc work directory, it still fires the same error. The only way to get around this problem I found so far - is to reinstall the STS.

Any ideas?

This is a new one for us. Reinstalling STS won't make a difference, however, using the installer to reinstall tc Server may may help. Before you reinstall, delete the current tc Server directory: pathToSTS/springsource/tc-server-developer-2.1.0.RELEASE

One other thing to be aware of is that Windows has a 255 character limit to the path length. If the directory you're installing into is too deep, it could cause strange issues.

Let us know

-Scott

Comment

Got the same problem second time I started tc. Is there a workaround?

Comment

In my case it was "Win XP 255 characters limitation in Path" problem (thanks Scott for pointing this out). Try to reinstall it under C:\STS\ or degrade to a previous version of STS (I did the second).

Comment

Running Windows 7 64bit my path is:

Jan 13, 2011 1:48:29 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap initClassLoaders

SEVERE: Class loader creation threw exception

Message: error bad aspect library: 'C:\Program%20Files\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.0.3.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\insight\collection-plugins\insight-collection-1.0.0.M3.SR02.jar'

Comment

Could be the fact you installed into a directory path with spaces. This is a known issue.

Comment

Thanks for that!

Reinstalled with no spaces in the path and it worked.

Comment

Working...
              X