X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving tomcat-juli.jar

Is there a reason that tomcat-juli.jar was moved out of the binary release and into the base template? This complicates the org.apache.jasper.JspC task, which previously could simply use the CATALINA_HOME installation, but now must reference either a template directory or a CATALINA_BASE instance.

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for the inconvenience. We'd overlooked this side-effect of the move when we were designing the new templating functionality in 2.1. We'll move tomcat-juli.jar back into the Tomcat binary in 2.1.1.

Comment

Much appreciated, thanks.

Comment

I'm having a problem with overriding the /bin/tomcat-juli.jar in catalina_base.
        Unless I delete the tomcat-juli.jar from catalina_home I can't get it to work.
        Reason is that I wan't to switch to log4j in the instance.
        Even changed stuff in the $catalina_base/conf/wrapper.conf like this:

wrapper.java.classpath.2=%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\boots trap.jar
        wrapper.java.classpath.4=%CATALINA_BASE%\bin\tomca t-juli.jar
        wrapper.java.classpath.1=%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\%ARCH %\wrapper.jar
        wrapper.java.classpath.3=%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\%ARCH %\threaddumpwrapper.jar

I don't get it, what is referencing the tomcat-juli.jar in catalina_home??

So mayby the reason for it be removed is that unless you remove it, it's impossible to override it in a instance?

Btw, the documentation here is wrong:
        http://static.springsource.com/proje...logging__log4j

Edit: Using tcServer 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by carl_ View Post
          So mayby the reason for it be removed is that unless you remove it, it's impossible to override it in a instance?

Btw, the documentation here is wrong:
          http://static.springsource.com/proje...logging__log4j
          I don't think that's correct. I've been able to override JULI in favor of Log4J in an instance more or less following that procedure. I never had to muck with CATALINA_HOME to do so.

Comment

Carl,
            Rather than attempting to override the tomcat-juli.jar in the instance's /bin, it may be easier to move it into the CATALINA_HOME/bin (which for me is tomcat-6.0.29.B.RELEASE). Also you can remove it from the /templates/base/bin so that it does not show up in new instances.

Comment

Working...
            X