Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMS console with tc server developer edition

Hello

I installed the tc server developer edition with the insight instance which is totally terrific and revealed big things about our application (and most of our script to collect data are now rather... obsolete)

I would love to make the AMS console which look great
    http://static.springsource.com/proje...samsstart.html
    I cannot find that much info when monitoring the application with the embedded hq-server.

But I cannot find where to download or how to install AMS
    Or is that I configured poorly hyperiq, which only log a couple of metrics on the tomcat (and does not clearly discover the tc instance).

Thanks for the help
    Alex

Alex,

AMS (for tcServer) has been replaced by Hyperic HQ starting with the 4.2 version of Hyperic.

To monitor the tcServer runtime instance you need to get the Standard or Spring Edition of tcServer. These come with Hyperic and the tcServer plugin for Hyperic.

If you use a different version of Hyperic (the non-tcServer release) you will not have the tcServer plugin in Hyperic and the tc Runtimes will be recognized as standard Tomcat instances. If the version of Hyperic you are using is 4.3 or newer you can drop in the tcServer plugin.

The 2.0 tcServer doc is the best place for detail on migration/upgrade:

http://static.springsource.com/proje...html/ch08.html

Note: you can use the Developer edition of tcServer for free in a development environment. If you want to monitor tcServer with Hyperic, or if you want to take tcServer into production, you need to license the Standard or Spring Editions. You can get evaluation copies from the SpringSource home page.

Hope that helps,
    Dan

Comment

thanks for the answer
      that make full sense to me

cheers
      Alex

Comment

Working...
      X