X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot display HQ Server Console after installation

I am trying to test out TC server and I was able to install the server HQ agent and HQ Server. It appears they all started up successfully and the agents were able to contact the server and store data in the database. When I go to the server console http://172.16.17.xxx:7080 I get an error from jboss that the URL cannot be found. There are not errors in the logs and I think all the files are configured correctly.

Any ideas on why I can't reach the console?

Scott Ryan

Can you attach the server.log? Might need to zip it up.

Comment

i can post the log but there is nothing in the log indicating a problem The server is running along fine and talking to all the agents and gathering data and storing it in the database but when I go to the URL for the server console i get a 404

HTTP Status 404 - /

type Status report

message /

description The requested resource (/) is not available.
      JBossWeb/2.0.1.GA

Let me check the server log to make sure there is no proprietary data in it and then I will attach it

Comment

I did figure out the issue. It looks like the system is using the hostname to locate its ip address in order to post back to itself during the deployment. This box is an internal server and therefore its hostname is not in the DNS so it did not resolve. I had assumed it would use local host to handle internal traffic. To fix it for now I just entered a hosts entry to resolve the hostname back to the internal ip. Not a great fix but enough to get me up and running for now.

Comment

Working...
        X