X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404 not found

Hi, I'm new to this forum so bear with me.

For weeks I have been getting an error such that I start the server, but when I go to a file on the server, I get 404 not found. None of my colleagues, who apparently set up the server in the exact same way, have this problem.

But my colleagues say that sometimes what fixes the "404 not found" that everybody seems to get is "Updating Maven Configuration". I do that, and I get the following error:

Code:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.eclipse.wst.common.componentcore.internal.resources.VirtualComponent.create(VirtualComponent.java:363)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.wtp.WebProjectConfiguratorDelegate.configure(WebProjectConfiguratorDelegate.java:85)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.wtp.AbstractProjectConfiguratorDelegate.configureProject(AbstractProjectConfiguratorDelegate.java:70)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.wtp.WTPProjectConfigurator.configure(WTPProjectConfigurator.java:43)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.project.configurator.AbstractLifecycleMapping.configure(AbstractLifecycleMapping.java:57)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.project.GenericLifecycleMapping.configure(GenericLifecycleMapping.java:48)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:332)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:318)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.actions.UpdateSourcesAction$1.runInWorkspace(UpdateSourcesAction.java:93)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
    My version of SpringSource Tool Suite is 2.3.3.201007151000-M2. I just updated, and the version 2.3.2-RELEASE also gave issues.

Maybe I should have provided more information about what was trying to be done when I get the "404 not found".

There is a file called "Blah.wsdl" that I am trying to download. It is supposed to be under /blah/service/v1/blah.wsdl. So the URL I retrieve is http://localhost:8080/blah/service/v1/Blah.wsdl. The uppercase is actually supposed to be there for some reason.

I tried figuring out where it is specified that this is supposed to be the URL, as this is the URL that our web application uses for the wsdl (and which nobody else seems to have a problem with). It seems that this is the URL for the following reasons:
    • src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml has
      Code:
      <url-pattern>/services/v1/*</url-pattern>
    • src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/spring-ws-servlet.xml has
      Code:
      <bean id="Blah" class="org.springframework.ws.wsdl.wsdl11.SimpleWsdl11Definition"> <property name="wsdl" value="classpath:/Blah.wsdl" /></bean>
    • Servers/blah-config/server.xml has
      Code:
      <Service name="Catalina">
      <Engine defaultHost="localhost" name="Catalina">
      <Context docBase="blah" path="/blah" reloadable="true" source="org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.server:blah"/>
      </Engine>
      </Service>

And since I have the server blah running on port 8080 (by pressing the "Play" button in the Servers view), I would assume that the URL should be http://localhost:8080/blah/service/v1/Blah.wsdl.

Meanwhile I think that surely there must be some significance of the Maven error from the last post.

Comment

Working...
    X