Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TcServer Setup

Hi,
    Please update the information below and let me know any admin documents to verify.

What is the difference in starting/stopping script like catalina.sh,Startup/shutdown and TcServer-ctl.sh?

When creating an instance from a newly installed TcServer, the new instance does not contain any jar files and conf files.It depends on the primary TcServer to action. Why?

How to rotate the log in the TcServer?

how to stop/start the deployed application apart from the manager console?

1. What is the difference in starting/stopping script like catalina.sh,Startup/shutdown and TcServer-ctl.sh?

Main functional difference is that the tcServer scripts are instance-aware.

2. When creating an instance from a newly installed TcServer, the new instance does not contain any jar files and conf files.It depends on the primary TcServer to action. Why?

So that you can have multiple run-time instances using a single set of binaries.

3. How to rotate the log in the TcServer?

It is possible to rotate the catalina.out log, but it is not controlled by the standard logging.properties or log4j.properties files.

The catalina.out log is stderr and stdout piped to a file. If you want to rotate this log file you will need to use a log rotation program like rotatelogs or cronolog. Then just pipe to the log rotation program rather than the file.

4. how to stop/start the deployed application apart from the manager console?

This can also be done via the tcServer CLI.
    http://static.springsource.com/proje...html/ch05.html

Comment

Tc Server log rotation

Hi All,

I have a server installed and created 10 TcINstances. Each have different application under different JVM timezone. I want to rotate the catalina.out log by daily basis.

how to rotate the catalina.out log on each instances by using cronolog/rotatelog or by any?

Comment

tcServer automatically rotates the log on a daily basis, creating:

catalina.<datestamp>.log

Comment

catalina.OUT

Hi,

I noticed that the catalina.log files are rotated, how to add catalina.out to logrotation?

Thanks,
          Ger.

Comment

Working...
          X