Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tcServer dev edition - 64-bit supported?

I'd like to install tcServer developer edition on a 64-bit Linux machine, obviously using a 64-bit Sun JVM. Will the app server along and Insight function as well as it does on my Windows 32-bit PC?

Thanks.

The reason I'm asking is that I cannot for the life of me get Insight to display any activity on the Trace History graph. What's odd is that if I click on "Application Health" I am able to see activity. I've made sure that it's "Live" and I've selected my application from the dropdown list.

Comment

64-bit Linux is supported

It's a supported/tested configuration for Insight:
      http://static.springsource.com/proje...l/ch02s03.html

I've used some late snapshot builds and the final release of tcServer 2.0 Developer Edition on 64-bit Linux 5.0 with the Sun JDK 1.6.0_19 (also 64-bit). Insight worked as expected for me.

Is the Insight Dashboard able show any trace activity for All Applications or individual applications like /insight itself or /manager? Are there any errors in the logs?

Comment

Originally posted by rstjean View Post
        I've used some late snapshot builds and the final release of tcServer 2.0 Developer Edition on 64-bit Linux 5.0 with the Sun JDK 1.6.0_19 (also 64-bit). Insight worked as expected for me.
        Ok, well that's good to know someone else is having luck w/ the product in a similar configuration to mine.

Is the Insight Dashboard able show any trace activity for All Applications or individual applications like /insight itself or /manager? Are there any errors in the logs?
        None, whatsoever. No trace activity for insight or manager. I rebooted the app server several times, redeployed, etc, etc no luck at all. It's very odd.

I'll try a nightly for 2.0 and see if I can have some better luck.

Thanks!

Comment

Try this

This is very odd indeed! Here are a few things you can try:

Temporarily undeploy your application to see if maybe it's the cause.

You might want to stop tcServer and delete the work sub-directory in the instance directory to be sure you've removed all vestiges of previous applications (including Insight). This worked for me once when Insight misbehaved.

Restart tcServer and see if the Dashboard can now at least monitor its own traces.

Insight keeps all its metrics data in memory. I don't know your application's memory requirements. Maybe somehow memory was used up. It seems a long shot, because you didn't mention any OOM errors. You can set the JVM memory args in bin/setenv.sh.

If this doesn't work I'll bring your issue to the attention of the Insight developers.

Comment

This is very odd indeed! Here are a few things you can try:

Temporarily undeploy your application to see if maybe it's the cause.

You might want to stop tcServer and delete the work sub-directory in the instance directory to be sure you've removed all vestiges of previous applications (including Insight). This worked for me once when Insight misbehaved.

Restart tcServer and see if the Dashboard can now at least monitor its own traces.

Insight keeps all its metrics data in memory. I don't know your application's memory requirements. Maybe somehow memory was used up. It seems a long shot, because you didn't mention any OOM errors. You can set the JVM memory args in bin/setenv.sh.

If this doesn't work I'll bring your issue to the attention of the Insight developers.
            Ok great, I'll try your suggested resolutions and see if I can get it working. I think deleting the Insight working directory sounds like the best bet.

Comment

Hi moniker, Did you ever resolve this issue? --Bob

Comment

Working...
              X