Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to view tc server created in Springsource layout

Hi,

I have installed AMS server, Agent and tc server on single machine.

I was able bring up all AMS server , agent and tc server.

The issue i am facing is , tc server i have created in springsource layout is unable to view in AMS console. Auto discovery is not recognizing.. I see tc server is up and running..

Did i miss something here.. ?

Thanks in advance.. plz help me..

Hi,

I got this fixed by doing below.. ( from troubleshooting).

AMS: Resources Not Showing up in the AMS Server Console

By default, an AMS agent checks for new resources only once a day. This means that, for example, if you start the AMS server and agent, and then create a new tc Server instance and start it, you might have to wait a maximum of 24 hours for the new tc Server instance to be auto-discovered by AMS. There are two ways you can force an auto-discovery of new resources on your platform:

* Stop and start the AMS agent on the computer for which you want to force an auto-discovery. When the AMS agent starts, it automatically checks for new resources. See Starting and Stopping the AMS Server and Agents for details.
    * Use the AMS GUI to force an auto-discovery by following these steps:
    1. From the main dashboard, click the Resources > Browse link.
    2. Click the Platforms(XX) link.
    3. In the table, click on the name of the platform for which you want to force an auto-discovery.
    4. In the top-right Tools Menu box, click New Auto-Discovery.
    5. In the top section called Quick Auto-Discovery Scan, click the OK button.

Any new resources show up in the Auto-Discovery portlet of the main dashboard as soon as AMS completes the scan of the platform.

Thanks..

Comment

Configure the agent.properties

Hi Greentree,
      I am glad that you figured it out, and found another way to run auto-discovery (is forcing it through AMS console). If you wish to shorten the duration for auto-discovery, you can modify the appropriate parameters in agent.properites file (located under the agent directory). The two properties of interest are:

#autoinventory.defaultScan.interval.millis=8640000 0
      autoinventory.runtimeScan.interval.millis=86400000

For additional information, see the post from Jason: http://forum.springsource.org/showpo...50&postcount=2

Let me know if that works for you.
      -Sreedhar

Comment

Working...
      X