X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't unpack tcServer-6.0.20.C-GA-devedition-PREVIEW.tar

Hi, I'm trying to install tc Server on my windows xp box using the platform neutral distribution and it won't work. I use 7zip to unpack the tar and it results in a folder named "C:\...\tcServer-6.0.20.C-GA-devedition-PREVIEW"
    containing the file "tcServer-6.0.20.C-GA-devedition-PREVIEW" and that's it. Isn't there supposed to be something more useful in that folder? Something I can actually interact with? :-( Also: I thought the developer version of the tc server was free? Why does it say 90-day evaluation on that form I had to fill in?

Regards

Kristofer

If installing on Windows, you should have downloaded or been given an sfx.jar file, which is a self-extracting jarfile. You would explode it via:

java -jar blahblah.sfx.jar

Comment

Hi Kristofer,
      Regarding the license, the license for the developer edition should be an unlimited End User License Agreement with no expiration as long as use is for development. I just went through the download myself and didn't see a license with the 90 day term. What path did you follow to get to this license? I'd like to make sure any flow through the website that leads you to a 90 day term license for downloading this edition is fixed.

Regarding the installer issue, I've asked a few engineers to take a look. I know we've run through this successfully on Windows XP in the past.

Thanks,
      Randy MacBlane

Comment

If it helps, I ran WinZip on the .tgz file downloaded, it opened up the contained .tar file and when I extracted those files, I was able to run through the installation steps at http://static.springsource.com/proje...le.html#N101F4.

Comment

Hi, thanks people for the quick reply. I managed to get it working. When I first tried extracting the files with 7zip I used the command Extract files... when I instead should have used Extract to "tcServer-6.0.20\".

rmacblane: I've been trying to recreate what I did yesterday to make that "90-day evaluation"-message appear but I can't make it happen again. I'm sure I saw it in connection with trying to download the tc server but I have no idea how I managed to produce the page. I must somehow have navigated to the enterprise edition of the server(?)

Comment

Glad you got working.

No problem w.r.t. the license, I've passed along the issue to our web team to check out. I know there are a few different paths to get to the downloads, so I'm guessing we missed one path there with respect to having the correct license. I'll update here if/when we figure it out.

Comment

Working...
            X