Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Insight and iBatis

Hi,

I tried to use Spring Insight to monitor my application which uses iBatis. The DAOs extend SqlMapClientDaoSupport and it is injected with Apache Commons Basic Data Source. In spring Insight I did not see the JDBC statements, unlike the Pet Clinic demo that used Hibernate. Is JDBC displayed only for ORM in Spring Insight? Does it require and special configuration to view JDBC for iBatis?

Thanks,

Gabriel

Gabriel,

Spring Insight does not provide direct support for iBatis, or any other ORM technology for that matter. Instead it advises the low level JDBC queries those technologies create.

With your specific environment, the queries from iBatis should appear in Spring Insight. A side effect of the way we collect metrics is that only classes located inside your WAR are advised. Any libraries located in a shared, server wide location will not be woven. It is common to place a JDBC driver in the server's lib directory. Try moving the JDBC driver inside your WAR. This is something we are looking to address in a future release. I should point out that placing a JDBC driver inside your WAR can lead to memory leaks and should be avoided in production environments.

Let me know if you still don't see JDBC queries.

-Scott

Comment

I had same problem, put jdbc jar inside lib folder.

Comment

Working...
      X