Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My .war archive is not being expanded on tc-server

Hello,

My .war archive is not being expanded when copied into the webapps/ directory of my tc server instance.

I stop and start the server and touch the archive file to no avail.

I'm running vfabric-tc-server-developer-2.9.3.RELEASE on an up to date Linux box.

Any clue ?

Kind Regards,

Stephane Eybert

I also tried to start the application using the manager web GUI and clicked on its start button, but it did nothing.

It is all under my home directory on my Linux box

[email protected]:base-insight> ll webapps/
    total 68580
    drwxr-xr-x 4 stephane stephane 4096 Apr 12 17:30 insight
    -rw------- 1 stephane stephane 43311360 Apr 12 15:25 insight.war
    -rw-r--r-- 1 stephane stephane 26899589 Apr 20 15:34 learnintouch-rest.war
    drwx------ 5 stephane stephane 4096 Apr 12 15:25 manager
    [email protected]:base-insight>

Comment

I checked the server.xml content and it shows:

<Host appBase="webapps" autoDeploy="true" deployOnStartup="true" deployXML="true" name="localhost" unpackWARs="true">

Comment

I meet the same problem now. How did you fix it? Could you share with me? thanks so much

Comment

I didn't find the solution yet. Otherwise I would have posted it. The issue is still staring at me in the face.

Comment

Do you see anything unusual in the logs? Does the app deploy successfully?
            If you copy another (different) war, does it expand? If you deploy the same unsuccessful war to a Tomcat instance, does it expand?

Comment

No, the application does not deploy, it does not even unpack.

I watch the log: tail -300f logs/catalina.out but it says nothing.

Comment

How about my other questions?

Comment

Sorry Andrei, I was a bit busy, at my parent's now :-)

Question: If you copy another (different) war, does it expand?
                  Answer: Yes.
                  So I copied the sample.war file into the webapps/ directory and it unpacked and deployed just fine.
                  I found it at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/appdev/sample/
                  It works as expected.

Question: If you deploy the same unsuccessful war to a Tomcat instance, does it expand?
                  Answer: Yes.
                  So I copied the learnintouch-rest.war file from the tc-server webapps directory into a Tomcat 7 webapps directory and started the server. The archive was then unpacked and deployed fine. I could send a request to it and it responded just fine.

Comment

I wish I could run it in Tomcat but I understand Spring Insight only runs in tc-server so that is why I'm trying it on this tc-server.

Comment

Stephane, sorry for the delay.
                      Is there any way you could share your .war file? I'd like to give it a try on my local tc Server instance and see how it goes.

Comment

Hello Andrei,

Sure, I can give you the source code in fact, http://www.learnintouch.com/learnintouch-rest.tar.gz http://www.learnintouch.com/learnintouch-data.tar.gz

Hope this will help !

Kind Regards,

Stephane Eybert

Comment

Stephane, there is a dependency in your pom.xml that I don't know where to take it from: learnintouch-data.

Comment

Yes, it's why I also added the download link to this dependency project.:-)

Comment

Stephane, I'm curious about something. I deployed your .war, had some issues with the actual build before that. I had to wait for few minutes, though, before the actual folder appeared under webapps. First, I thought it wouldn't deploy, but after few minutes the .war was expanded. I'm wondering if you waited long enough for the actual deployment to take place.

Comment

Working...
                              X