Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
PLEASE HELP!!! I am very new to the program in need of solutions! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP!!! I am very new to the program in need of solutions!

Hello all- I have recently just started coding (2 days ago), and am new to this program. I am working on a tutorial for a dynamic web project. I have followed the instructions precisely, on how to create a file counter. Everything seems to be done correctly, the server is running (however I had quite a few issues when I first installed STS. I reinstalled the program and the server is working now).
    When I attempt to run the file counter, an error message pops up: HTTP Status 404 - /de.vogella.wtp.filecounter/Filecounter
    Type: Status Report Description: The requested resource is not available.
    I followed the tutorial as far as what to name the project: de.vogella.wtp.filecounter
    In the Project Explorer, it shows my projects listed first, my server underneath. There is no web.xml file in my Project. However, there is a web.xml file in the server file. Could this be an existing setting that needs to be changed?

I apologize if this looks like rambling, as I said before, I am new to this and unsure what information I need to provide to receive help for these issues. Any help, advice, and guidance into using this program is much welcomed and greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this!!

Steve
Working...
X