Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Can a template set a generic environment variable, specifically JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a template set a generic environment variable, specifically JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS?

I want a template that can create an instance that sets java.endorsed.dirs. Apparently a template can't do that out-of-the-box (right?), because even though I can have the template's bin/setenv.properties set
    java.opt.X=-Djava.endorsed.dirs=${catalina.base}/my-instance-lib-endorsed
    and that would properly set the System property on the command line, Tomcat will come right along and add its own -Djava.endorsed.dirs to the command line which usurps mine.

So it seems if I could get the template to set an instance's JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS environment variable to $CATALINA_BASE/my-instance-lib-endorsed then I'd be good, because Tomcat will pick that up and add it to the command line. I haven't found that there's a way to get a template to set a generic environment variable for the created instance. Any way to do that?

I don't want to use the default option off catalina.home because that would apply it to all instances, and I don't want to do that.

Working...
X