Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deployment configurations (TC server or ERS ?)

Hello,
    I'm working to a pretty standard web solution and I would like to use Tomcat and potentially Apache web server (if needed). I would like some guidance on which spring products match best the solution.
    Some of the requirements of the application are:
    • run two or more Tomcat instances either in a cluster config or indendent from each other (still to decide)
    • instances/cluster should be front-ended by a Loadbalancer/reverseproxy (role still to define).
    • instances, loadbalancer and management system should be able to run on the same or separate machines.
    • all the nodes to be managed from the same management system
    I read documents about TC server and ERS but it is not clear which one is the best match to my problem. Can anybody help ?

Hi G,

Our distribution of the Apache HTTP webserver is the "ERS" product. So an ERS license will provide you with the Apache front-end which can do the load balancing & reverse proxy.

Our distribution of Tomcat 6 is the "tcServer" product. So licensing tcServer will provide you with the Tomcat 6 container, and tcServer also includes the Hyperic management server to manage the tcServer Tomcat.

So to meet your requirements list, you would license both ERS (for the Apache) and tcServer (for the Tomcat).

Hope that helps,
    Dan Carwin

Comment

Working...
    X