Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• list-servers

Hi

I am trying to list all the servers using the 'list-servers' command. Originally i had 2 servers and the command listed the 2 server as running correctly. (both of them are running)

I later created a new server using

tcserver-instance.sh -s TestSrv -t /usr/local/paul/AS/tcServer-6.0/OrigServer

(Note: i changed the port for this server to a new one. so technically this is a new server, except the contents are replicated from OrigServer)

If i then use the list-servers command, i only see the original 2 servers, the new server (TestSrv) is not listed.

One more issue i am having is...

If i stop one of the 2 original servers and use the list-servers command, it lists out the 2 servers and still showing them as running even though i stopped one of them. Do we need to refresh something to reflect the correct running servers? I waited 5 minutes and ran the command, then its showing as stopped. Is there a time lag to reflect the server status? can one change this time limit?

Thanks
    -P

Originally posted by paulstadler View Post
    Hi

I am trying to list all the servers using the 'list-servers' command. Originally i had 2 servers and the command listed the 2 server as running correctly. (both of them are running)

I later created a new server using

tcserver-instance.sh -s TestSrv -t /usr/local/paul/AS/tcServer-6.0/OrigServer

(Note: i changed the port for this server to a new one. so technically this is a new server, except the contents are replicated from OrigServer)

If i then use the list-servers command, i only see the original 2 servers, the new server (TestSrv) is not listed.

One more issue i am having is...

If i stop one of the 2 original servers and use the list-servers command, it lists out the 2 servers and still showing them as running even though i stopped one of them. Do we need to refresh something to reflect the correct running servers? I waited 5 minutes and ran the command, then its showing as stopped. Is there a time lag to reflect the server status? can one change this time limit?

Thanks
    -P
    Hi Paul,

1. After you created the new server, did you make sure to Add it from the Auto-discovery portlet on the dashboard?

2. The available value is on a polling cycle, just like it is in the UI. It is defaulted to 5 mins for server types, then you should see the updated status.
    You can change the default per instance by going to Monitor -> Metric Data -> Select the availability Metric. Or you can change it per type (which sounds like this is what you want) by going to Administration ->Monitoring Defaults.

-Jason

Comment

Jason, I am doing everything from the unix command line, no UI.

so does this mean that i need to use the UI?

Comment

Originally posted by paulstadler View Post
        Jason, I am doing everything from the unix command line, no UI.

so does this mean that i need to use the UI?
        Paul,

Yes, the current release of tc Server does not have the ability to approve auto-discovered items. So you will need to use the ui for that case. The tc Server CLI is specific to tc Server functionality only, we will have a CLI for AMS functionality in an upcoming release.

-Jason

Comment

Working...
        X