X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoSuchAlgorithmException using IBM JVM

I get the exception below trying to start TC Server with IBM's Java version 1.5 . Searching for resolutions to this error indicated that there are entries in the security.properties file that indicate which classes are to be used for security. That file appears to be setup correctly on my installation.

SEVERE: Unable to load property source[com.springsource.tcserver.security.PropertyDecoder].
    java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Cannot find any provider supporting PBE
    at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance(Unknown Source)
    at com.springsource.tcserver.security.KeyDecoder.init Ciphers(KeyDecoder.java:65)
    at com.springsource.tcserver.security.KeyDecoder.<ini t>(KeyDecoder.java:45)
    at com.springsource.tcserver.security.PropertyDecoder .<init>(PropertyDecoder.java:122)

Scott Hickey

hi there,
    in your instance/conf/catalina.property, comment out the PROPERTY_DECODER line. This is used to do encoding/decoding of parameter values, and uses an algorithm not available in IBM JDK. This will be fixed in our 6.0.20.B release

best
    Filip

Comment

Good timing, I was just about to post to the announcements forum the availability of the AIX download of 6.0.20.B which addresses IBM JDK issues. Download is available both on the evaluation page and on the commercial subscription download portal.

Comment

Working...
      X