X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manually starting tcServer not working

Just did a fresh clean install of tcServer, created a single instance and went to its bin and ran tcserver-ctl.bat start (just followed the steps in the Post Installation Instructions)

This is windows XP and tcServer 6.0.20.A.

I get the following error:
    C:\tcserver\tcServer-6.0\mytest\bin>tcserver-ctl.bat start
    Running Windows architecture: win32
    INFO Starting
    wrapper | The mytest-edd28 service is not installed - The specified service doe
    s not exist as an installed service. (0x424)

According the post installation instructions shouldn't I be able to run this manually without installing the service? Installing the service does seem to fix the problem.

Thanks

PS the run command seems to work properly without the service installed and the start command works if the service is installed.
    Last edited by jmcginn; Aug 24th, 2009, 09:32 AM.

Hi,
    The start command for tcserver-ctl.bat requires prior installation as a windows service. Our documentation at http://static.springsource.com/proje...ing__reference should indicate that, I'll enter an issue to make that update.

Other options at your disposal are:
    "run" - which runs tc server using the service wrapper and configuration without having to install as a windows service, this is a foreground invocation.
    "batch" - which runs tc server using catalina.bat directly, also a foreground invocation.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Randy MacBlane

Comment

Working...
    X