Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tc server & problems with jdbc/jndi resource

Hi at all,

I have installed the tc server version 6.0 to try its functionalities, to try AMS functionalities an so on....

I have tried to install a web application that require two preparation step:

1 ) define a personal jvm properties
    2) define a jdbc connection pool, accessible via jndi

I have a Ubuntu 9.04 (64 bit) system.

After all server installation step (also comprise to all AMS server and agent step), I have opened the AMS web console to execute the two preliminary step.

1 ) to set the jvm option at the end I have open the setenv.sh file and I have wrote it my properties, because with the Web AMS interface it was impossible: every time a leave the focus to the jvm options (in the start server window), the parameter will disappear.

2) When I define a jdbc resource, also I put this resourse on the server (that I have defined), on application start I receive a message: the application can not retrieve resource from jndi context. In another case (when I define a simple jdbc connection) a save button don't send no one signal to the server.

Can anyone help me to solve my great problems?

My browser are:

Firefox 3.5
    Chrome

Thanks in advance.

Samuele

Originally posted by samuele.pretini View Post
    Hi at all,

I have installed the tc server version 6.0 to try its functionalities, to try AMS functionalities an so on....

I have tried to install a web application that require two preparation step:

1 ) define a personal jvm properties
    2) define a jdbc connection pool, accessible via jndi

I have a Ubuntu 9.04 (64 bit) system.

After all server installation step (also comprise to all AMS server and agent step), I have opened the AMS web console to execute the two preliminary step.

1 ) to set the jvm option at the end I have open the setenv.sh file and I have wrote it my properties, because with the Web AMS interface it was impossible: every time a leave the focus to the jvm options (in the start server window), the parameter will disappear.

2) When I define a jdbc resource, also I put this resourse on the server (that I have defined), on application start I receive a message: the application can not retrieve resource from jndi context. In another case (when I define a simple jdbc connection) a save button don't send no one signal to the server.

Can anyone help me to solve my great problems?

My browser are:

Firefox 3.5
    Chrome

Thanks in advance.

Samuele
    Samuele,

1. There is an issue with Firefox 3.5 on Ubuntu where we saw a similar issue with certain fields. Try upgrading to 3.5.1. Did you see the same empty field problem in Chrome? (Actually, I don't think Chrome is currently supported, but it should work).

2. When you create a jdbc resource from the UI, it is a global resource, and you need to use ResourceLink in your context file. See this thread - http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=69958.

Hope that helps,

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Konicki View Post
      Samuele,

1. There is an issue with Firefox 3.5 on Ubuntu where we saw a similar issue with certain fields. Try upgrading to 3.5.1. Did you see the same empty field problem in Chrome? (Actually, I don't think Chrome is currently supported, but it should work).

2. When you create a jdbc resource from the UI, it is a global resource, and you need to use ResourceLink in your context file. See this thread - http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=69958.

Hope that helps,

Jason
      Jason,

actually I'm using Firefox 3.5.3pre (Shiretoko).

Your second suggestion is usefull, next time I'll try this configuration. But I think that this will be done throught the GUI and not modify directly any file. Do you agree with me?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by samuele.pretini View Post
        Jason,

actually I'm using Firefox 3.5.3pre (Shiretoko).

Your second suggestion is usefull, next time I'll try this configuration. But I think that this will be done throught the GUI and not modify directly any file. Do you agree with me?

Thanks.
        Samuele,

There is a problem with Shiretoko right now, but there is a workaround.

Pulling down the "firefox-3.5" package gets you Firefox 3.5.x, which is
        labeled as "Shiretoko", apparently so that you can continue to run them
        side by side and tell them apart. Only the next major Ubuntu version
        will switch to Firefox 3.5 as standard. See here:
        http://blog.smartcube.co.za/2009/07/...-isnt-firefox/

This "Shiretoko"-labeled version puts out a user agent string with the
        word "Shiretoko" in it as the browser name, not "Firefox. Some
        Javascript in our app is looking for the browser name, instead of the
        name of the rendering engine ("Gecko") as it should be, so it's getting
        confused.

Workaround for Firefox browsers branded as "Shiretoko" or any other name
        beside "Firefox":

- Install User Agent Switcher plugin for Firefox:
        http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/
        - Via the plugin's menu off the Tools menu, edit user agents and create
        a new User Agent definition (give it any name). The default user agent
        String it will suggest will be
        "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090716
        Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Shiretoko/3.5.1"
        Simply change "Shiretoko" to "Firefox" and save.
        - select this new user agent definition as the default, and tc Server
        config pages will work properly

-Jason

Comment

Working...
        X