Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tc Server for 64 bit Windows ?

Hi,
    Based on the supported configurations for the latest tc Server release, I understand that it supports only 32 bit Windows. Can you please let me know if there is a plan to support tc Server on 64 bit Windows. If yes, is there an approx. release date?

Thanks & Regards,
    Bala

Windows 64 bit support

Hi Bala,
    We are working on that as we speak. I don't have a firm date yet. But I would expect it in at most 1-2 months, possibly sooner.

Regards,
    Randy MacBlane

Comment

Hi Randy,
      Thanks a lot for your reply. I am eagerly waiting for it

Regards,
      Bala

Comment

Hi Bala,
        Great, keep an eye on the forum, I'll post a note when we release it. Thanks for your interest.

Regards,
        Randy

Comment

tc Server on 64 bit Windows?

Hi,

Please let me know if there is a new release of tc server for 64 bit windows available now?

Regards
          Venkat

Comment

tc Server on Windows 64 bit

Hello everyone,
            Thank you for your patience. We tested the tc Server application server portion clean on Windows 64 bit last week, but were trying to work through some issues with having the AMS Agent recognize, manage and monitor the app server. We've determined that we'll need to introduce some maintenance updates to get that combination to work.

So, in order to get those of you working in development, or interested only the application server, off and running, we are officially certifying and supporting the tc Server application server on Windows 64 bit systems. Just download the platform neutral application server only download off of our evaluation or commercial download page and you'll be ready to go.

We haven't even had a chance to update the supported configurations page, we'll get to that shortly, but it's ready to go.

Thanks again for your patience,
            Randy MacBlane
            SpringSource

Comment

Hi,

are there any new News about the 64bit version? I am in a decision for a very big company, but in the moment i can't recommend the tcServer. You have a very great framework produced and my CEO decided to use YOUR product while it is optimized for Spring. Sadly, all i see is a bad 64bit support and in the moment i have much trouble using it with Windows 2008 64bit Server.

I hope you will release very fast the 64bit version and please provide it with an installer. The current installation is very crappy (sorry!) and not state of the art. Other products like GlassFish are smarter to install. My team was very confused about the tcServer-installation and decided to evaluate other products for our needs.

Regards,
              Siegfried

Comment

Hello Siegfried,
                We certified and support the application server itself (Tomcat) on Windows 2003 Server 64 bit systems using either Java 5 or 6. The outstanding issues are isolated to the AMS Agent and we are working hard to resolve those for the next maintenance release, probably early October I'd guess.

If you have specific suggestions regarding installation or other aspects of the product, we'd certainly be glad to hear them.

Thanks,
                Randy MacBlane

Comment

Working...
                X