X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deployment with a context.xml

I've been deploying several test apps to TC server, and have a couple of questions:

I initially deployed them to Tomcat 6.0.18 using a context file put in conf/Catalina/localhost. Can I still do that with TC server? If so, is there any way to use properties, similar to how server.xml uses properties, in that context file?

Our scenario is that we want to move applications from dev to integration to production, minimizing changes. If I could populate the database information via properties, each environment could have it's own properties file without changing the context file. (Right now we change the context file when switching environments.)

The reason I would like to use a context.xml file in conf is to specify database connections at the context level, not at a global level. (So if an application runs out of connections, it can't take all of the connections from the other apps on the instance.) Or is there a way to use the global datasource, but specify connection limits?

Looks like a great product so far!

Thanks,
    Ryan

The version of Tomcat in tcServer is 6.0.19.A (which is the latest stable version of the 6.0.19 pre-release). As such, what works in "vanilla" Tomcat also works in tcServer; it's just that tcServer includes extra and enhanced functionality.

Comment

Working...
    X