Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Server Insight not starting up

Hi,

I am trying to install a TC sever(2.9) via Spring Tool Suite(3.2) and apply an insight template.
    But I get the following NoClassDefFoundError on startup:

Code:
    org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/insight]]
    	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:154)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:977)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1655)
    	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/springsource/insight/agent/dispatch/transport/impl/AbstractCollectionDataTransport
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:791)
    	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
    	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:2888)
    	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1172)
    	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1680)
    	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1558)
    	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2317)
    	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Class.java:1762)
    	at org.apache.catalina.util.Introspection.getDeclaredFields(Introspection.java:106)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadFieldsAnnotation(WebAnnotationSet.java:261)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadApplicationServletAnnotations(WebAnnotationSet.java:140)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadApplicationAnnotations(WebAnnotationSet.java:67)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationAnnotationsConfig(ContextConfig.java:405)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:881)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:369)
    	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
    	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5269)
    	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
    	... 11 more
    Am I missing a jar?

I am having same problem.

Comment

I created a jira ticket as I experienced the issue as well.

Comment

Thanks Daniel.

Comment

You're welcome. FWIW, vfabric tcserver 2.8.2 works fine if you just need an instance of Insight that works.

Comment

Thanks again Daniel. But I cannot find a link or page to download a developer edition of 2.8.2.

Comment

Bundled with GGTS/STS

Originally posted by waveydavey View Post
              Thanks again Daniel. But I cannot find a link or page to download a developer edition of 2.8.2.
              Remember, it's bundled with GGTS/STS, so you could just download an older version of one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by danieldbower View Post
                Remember, it's bundled with GGTS/STS, so you could just download an older version of one of those.
                Brilliant, so there is... and it works... Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X