X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup issues - tcruntime-instance.bat throws filename errors

I try to run tcruntime-instance.bat, but get the following error: "The filename, directory, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

I am new to spring, and am trying to get my springsource environment up and running. I can install springsource (spring-tool-suite-3.1.0.RELEASE-e4.2-win32-x86_64-installer) and even create/compile/run a simple Hello World app with spring dependencies that outputs to the console.

What I cannot seem to do is get tc server running. Following the directions from http://pubs.vmware.com/vfabric51/ind...stinstall.html, I run the tcruntime-instance.bat and get the above error.

I have the following env variables:
    USER VARS:
    ANT_HOME ,;D:\Dev_Resources\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin
    JAVA_HOME .;"D:\Dev_Resources\Java\jdk1.7.0_12"
    PATH .;"D:\Dev_Resources\Java\jdk1.7.0_12\bin";"D:\Dev_ Resources\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin"
    RUNTIME_DIR .;"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin"

I believe that I have these same vars copied as system level environment variables as well. I'm stuck - any advice?

Hi,

Not sure if this will completely solve your issue, but you have a comma first instead of a period in your ANT_HOME.

Comment

Jason,

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately no, that doesn't seem to affect it. Thanks for the catch though - eventually I suppose ant would have started complaining at me.

Comment

Oh I see the problem. Your JAVA_HOME needs to point to the JAVA_HOME specifically, it can't have multiple paths.

i.e. JAVA_HOME "D:\Dev_Resources\Java\jdk1.7.0_12"

Same with ANT_HOME and RUNTIME_DIR

Comment

Jason,

That was it! That seems so simple but I was chasing my tail. Thanks. I wish this was stack overflow so I could vote you up!

Comment

Working...
          X