Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
context.xml error - TCServer 2.7 and instance with tomcat-6.0.35 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• context.xml error - TCServer 2.7 and instance with tomcat-6.0.35

Hi,

I'm using TC Server 2.7 and created an instance with tomcat-6.0.35 with JDK1.5
    When I start the instance, it throws below error.

1) "java/sql/SQLFeatureNotSupportedException" doesnt exists in JDK1.5 jars. :
    2) Instead of "org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory " (com.springsource.tomcat.dbcp.jar), I want to use the "org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactor y"(tomcat-dbcp.jar). To do this what I need to include in context.xml

Code:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/sql/SQLFeatureNotSupportedException
            at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory.createDataSource(DataSourceFactory.java:497)
            at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory.getObjectInstance(DataSourceFactory.java:224)
            at org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.java:140)
            at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
            at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:793)
            at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140)
            at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:781)
            at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153)
            at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:152)
            at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
            at com.googlecode.psiprobe.beans.ResourceResolverBean.lookupResource(ResourceResolverBean.java:108)
            at com.googlecode.psiprobe.beans.ResourceResolverBean.getApplicationResources(ResourceResolverBean.java:74)
            at com.googlecode.psiprobe.beans.ContainerWrapperBean.getDataSources(ContainerWrapperBean.java:157)
            at com.googlecode.psiprobe.beans.stats.collectors.DatasourceStatsCollectorBean.collect(DatasourceStatsCollectorBean.java:35)
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor86.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)
            at org.springframework.util.MethodInvoker.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:276)
            at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean$MethodInvokingJob.executeInternal(MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean.java
    :260)
            at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:86)
            at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
            at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:529)

Thanks

Yada...,

You will need to change the "factory" attribute on your jdbc resource definition in server.xml to the factory you wish to use. You will also need to either add the jar you wish to use to your instance/lib dir or remove the default jar from catalina.home/lib and add your jar there. I recommend not modifying the catalina.home/lib though.

-Jason

Comment

Hey Jason!

Two days back I've tried the option factory="org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSour ceFactory" and it worked.

Thanks a million for your reponse.

Comment

Working...
      X