Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot start server. Server instance is not configured.

Hello, i'm trying to create somple web-application with STS, and I've got a problem.

Last week I've migrated from Win XP to Win 7. After tuning up my workplace, I've installed Eclipse and STS. When I loaded my project, and tried to publish it, the "Cannot start server. Server instance is not configured." error occured. More detailed info:
    Publishing the configuration...
    Error copying file to C:/Program Files/Springsource Tool Suite/vfabric-tc-server-developer-2.6.3.RELEASE/spring-insight-instance/backup\catalina.policy: C:\Program Files\Springsource Tool Suite\vfabric-tc-server-developer-2.6.3.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\catalina.policy (The system can not find the path specified)
    C:\Program Files\Springsource Tool Suite\vfabric-tc-server-developer-2.6.3.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\catalina.policy (The system can not find the path specified)

I've investigated folder "C:\Program Files\Springsource Tool Suite\vfabric-tc-server-developer-2.6.3.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\" and I haven't found folder "conf" there.

Can you tell me, what should I do to fix this error?

I've reinstalled STS, removed the old server and instaled a new one (v 2.7 instead of 2.6).

ANd I've got new type of error:

When I tried to start the server, I've received an error The element type "Host" must be terminated by the matching end-tag ""
    But my Host Tag looks like the following way (and, yes, it's closed):

<Engine defaultHost="localhost" name="Catalina">
    <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm" >
    <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseR ealm" resourceName="UserDatabase" />
    </Realm>
    <Host appBase="webapps" autoDeploy="true" deployOnStartup="true" deployXML="true" name="localhost" unpackWARs="true">
    <Valve сlassName="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogVal ve" directory="logs" pattern="%h %l %u %t &quot;%r&quot; %s %b" prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"/>
    <Context docBase="SimpleBlog" path="/simpleblog" reloadable="true" source="org.eclipse.jst.jee.server:SimpleBlog"/>
    </Host>
    </Engine>

And I've got the following error:

Could not clean server of obsolete files: The element type "Host" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "".

The element type "Host" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</Host>".** But how does it possible, if i'm running application with the rights of the Administrator (win7)?

The full stacktrace is:

SEVERE: Parse Fatal Error at line 22 column 11: The element type "Host" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</Host>".
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/C:/Program%20Files/Spring%20Tool%20SUite/vfabric-tc-server-developer-2.7.1.RELEASE/spring-insight-instance/conf/server.xml; lineNumber: 22; columnNumber: 11; The element type "Host" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</Host>".
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandl erWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrap per.java:198)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandl erWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:177)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorRe porter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:441)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorRe porter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:368)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner .reportFatalError(XMLScanner.java:1375)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumen tFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLDocumentFra gmentScannerImpl.java:1708)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumen tFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XM LDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2898)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumen tScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:607)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumen tFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragm entScannerImpl.java:488)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Co nfiguration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:835)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Co nfiguration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:764)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLPars er.parse(XMLParser.java:123)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.Abstrac tSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1210)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserI mpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:568)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.parse(Dig ester.java:1537)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina .java:601)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina .java:649)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstr ap.java:281)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstr ap.java:450)

Comment

You need to go back to the basics. Assume you have an invisible control character in your file and go from there.

Comment

It is a basic error try to install the updated version of eclipse.

Comment

Did you try to update the server.xml with the end tag? You should do this through STS. Servers --> tc Server Developer -->server.xml ... Save.

Comment

Working...
          X