Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to connect to vfabric-tc-server using visual vm

We have an instance of vfabric-tc-server

/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_30/bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/vmware/vfabric-tc-server-standard/repo/conf/logging.properties -Xmx1024M -Xms512m -Xss192K -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8003,server=y ,suspend=n -Djava.util.logging.manager=com.springsource.tcserv er.serviceability.logging.TcServerLogManager -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/vmware/vfabric-tc-server-standard/tomcat-7.0.23.A.RELEASE/endorsed -classpath /opt/vmware/vfabric-tc-server-standard/tomcat-7.0.23.A.RELEASE/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/vmware/vfabric-tc-server-standard/tomcat-7.0.23.A.RELEASE/bin/tomcat-juli.jar -Dcatalina.base=/opt/vmware/vfabric-tc-server-standard/repo -Dcatalina.home=/opt/vmware/vfabric-tc-server-standard/tomcat-7.0.23.A.RELEASE -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/vmware/vfabric-tc-server-standard/repo/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

Please find attached errors and screenshots

Thanks much
    _DD

Did you ever get past this error? I was running into the same issue.

Comment

yeah, I should have updated this bug.

Here are the steps.

1) Configure your server.xml, and update the jmxremoteaccess port.

<Listener accessFile="${catalina.base}/conf/jmxremote.access"
      authenticate="true"
      bind="X.X.X.X" < == YOUR IP Here, it's localhost by default.
      className="com.springsource.tcserver.serviceabilit y.rmi.JmxSocketListener"
      passwordFile="${catalina.base}/conf/jmxremote.password"
      port="${base.jmx.port}"
      useSSL="false"/>
      <GlobalNamingResources>

2) Restart your tc-server

3) Then on your visualvm, you can right click on the remote host and "Add JMX connection".
      Then in the user name / password section, specify the credentials as specified in the jmxremote.password file under the conf directory.

you're done.. you should be able to profile your app on vfabric-tc-server.

Good Luck
      _Durga

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I think I am still missing something, though. Here is what we have configured, but I still hit the same issue as you. Maybe I used the servers IP instead of just the local value of 127.0.0.1?

<Listener accessFile="${catalina.base}/conf/jmxremote.access"
        authenticate="true"
        bind="127.0.0.1"
        className="com.springsource.tcserver.serviceabilit y.rmi.JmxSocketListener"
        passwordFile="${catalina.base}/conf/jmxremote.password"
        port="${base.jmx.port}"
        useSSL="false"/>

Comment

If you're connecting remotely, specifying the IP of the machine is required. 127.0.0.1 doesn't make sense.

what error are you seeing ?. Did you restart the tc-server ?. Also can you check if you can connect to port 6969 or the port mentioned for the base.jmx.port above ?

also in your Add JMX Connection did you specify "host:<jmxPort>" ?

_HTH
          Durga

Comment

I am connecting remotely. Should it be my IP or the IP of the machine running tcserver?

Basically, all I see what you had in your screen shots, I do not see anything else.

I am able to telnet to the port, but not connect through visualvm.

I did give hostort in the jvisual when attempting to connect.

Thank you for your help on this.

Comment

You need it to be the IP of the machine running tc Server. That is what you are trying to connect to from a remote client.

Comment

Working...
              X