X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS hot deployment

I am trying to have the changes I make in my code (xhtml, java files without changing properties or method signatures) be automatically deployed to the server without reloading the whole context. In plain eclipse using tomcat this is done by adding the reloadable="true" attribute to the "Context" element of the context.xml file, setting "Auto Reload" to false in "Modules" tab of the server settings (when double clicked on the server in the server view) and running the server in debug mode. So far I have been unable to achieve anything similar by using STS + vFabric tc server. How is this done?

I'm using STS 2.8.1 with vFabric tc server Developer Edition v2.6.

Thanks!

Update: Plain tomcat doesn't seem to work also, so it would appear this question belongs in the STS subforum.

Update2: Tried with a new example and hot deployment seems to work. So it's neither a STS or vFabric tc issue.

Update3: Moved from myfaces 2.1.5 to mojarra 2.1.2 and it works!
    Last edited by dusan; Feb 2nd, 2012, 12:37 PM.

I have the same problem with my java web project(spring mvc),Whatever i change in my project,the tcserver deploy fail and prompt to restart tc server.
    Originally posted by dusan View Post
    I am trying to have the changes I make in my code (xhtml, java files without changing properties or method signatures) be automatically deployed to the server without reloading the whole context. In plain eclipse using tomcat this is done by adding the reloadable="true" attribute to the "Context" element of the context.xml file, setting "Auto Reload" to false in "Modules" tab of the server settings (when double clicked on the server in the server view) and running the server in debug mode. So far I have been unable to achieve anything similar by using STS + vFabric tc server. How is this done?

I'm using STS 2.8.1 with vFabric tc server Developer Edition v2.6.

Thanks!

Update: Plain tomcat doesn't seem to work also, so it would appear this question belongs in the STS subforum.

Update2: Tried with a new example and hot deployment seems to work. So it's neither a STS or vFabric tc issue.

Update3: Moved from myfaces 2.1.5 to mojarra 2.1.2 and it works!

Comment

Working...
    X