Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperic Version 4.5.1.3 deploy to tcServer V7

Hi

I would like to use Hyperic to deploy my webapps to tcsServer

What I have found is that you cannot deploy to an existing instance it would seem you need to delete the instance and then deploy

My question is can you deploy to an existing instance ?

coldDeployApp: Failure - Application /my-app already exists.

Any help would be appreciated

When you say instance, do you mean a tc Server runtime instance, or an instance of an application?

With the tc Server plugin in 4.5.1.3, you can deploy multiple versions of the same application (same context path) to a tc Server runtime instance, as long as it's a 7.0 instance. It needs to be a 7.0 instance as this capability relies upon support for parallel deployment that's a new feature in Tomcat 7.

If it's a 6.0 instance and you try to deploy an existing application you will receive an error stating that the application already exists. In this case, you should undeploy the application first, and then deploy the new version.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Wilkinson View Post
      When you say instance, do you mean a tc Server runtime instance, or an instance of an application?

With the tc Server plugin in 4.5.1.3, you can deploy multiple versions of the same application (same context path) to a tc Server runtime instance, as long as it's a 7.0 instance. It needs to be a 7.0 instance as this capability relies upon support for parallel deployment that's a new feature in Tomcat 7.

If it's a 6.0 instance and you try to deploy an existing application you will receive an error stating that the application already exists. In this case, you should undeploy the application first, and then deploy the new version.
      Hi Andy

I mean the webapp

I just tried it again and the deploy worked however it seems to have added an instance rather than updating the current instance

What I now see is an extra webapp instance called myapp##000001 and an additional .war call myapp##000001.war

I deployed the app using the Deploy application from server machine using the webapp path to the .war and using the same context name of /myapp

I now have two running /myapps with one showing revision 1

Comment

This is the expected behaviour for a tc Runtime 7.0 instance: deploying multiple versions of an application.

Comment

Hi Andy

Sorry I should have seen that makes sense now..

Just one more little question though

Can this deploy be done from the command line in a script from the HQ server to the remote host ?
          (Linux)

Thanks

Comment

Yes, it can. You should see the same behaviour as the Web UI if you're deploying to a tc Runtime 7.0 instance.

Comment

Working...
            X