Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDBCExceptionReporter - SQL Error: 17008, SQLState: 08003

Hello Spring TC Users,

I hope this is the right forum for this...

I'm currently working on a web application running on the Spring Tomcat server with an Oracle 10g Database backend. We use the app server to handle the data source connection pooling.

When the web application initially starts up, the connection to the database is great.. but after some heavy usage on the application I start seeing the following message in myapplication logs:
    2011-07-30 11:28:16.884 PDT TRACE online.tng.trustonline.sitemessages.SiteMessageSer viceImpl - Begin getSiteMessage( destination[ASSET_SUMMARY])
    2011-07-30 11:28:16.886 PDT WARN org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - SQL Error: 17008, SQLState: 08003
    2011-07-30 11:28:16.886 PDT ERROR org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - Closed Connection

2011-07-30 11:28:16.887 PDT ERROR wellsfargo.online.framework.exception.RepositoryEx ception - errorCode[2012], message[Exception while trying to getSiteDestination for destination[ASSET_SUMMARY], getSiteDestinationQuery[from SiteDestination as siteDestination where siteDestination.siteDestinationCode = ? or siteDestination.siteDestinationCode = ? or siteDestination.siteDestinationCode = ? or siteDestination.siteDestinationCode = ? or siteDestination.siteDestinationCode = ? or siteDestination.siteDestinationCode = ?], exceptionMessage[could not execute query]]
    I tried googling these errors, but was unable to find a solution to the problem
    SQL Error: 17008, SQLState: 08003 - means connection closed

Here's my hibernate properties:
    Code:
    		<property name="hibernateProperties">
    			<value>
    				hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle10gDialect
    				hibernate.current_session_context_class=thread
    				hibernate.id.new_generator_mappings=true
    				hibernate.connection.release_mode=after_transaction
    			</value>
    		</property>
    And my Spring Tomcat resource configuration:
    Code:
            <Resource name="jdbc/tng" auth="Container"
            scope="Shareable"
            type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource"
            driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
            factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory"
            connectionCachingEnabled="true"
            connectionCacheName="TNGConnectionCache"
            connectionCacheProperties="{
                    MaxLimit=${dbMaxLimit},
                    MinLimit=${dbMinLimit},
                    InitialLimit=${dbInitialLimit},
                    InactivityTimeout=60,
                    AbandonedConnectionTimeout=60,
                    validateConnection=true}"
            url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ${dbHost1})(PORT = ${dbPort1}))) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = ${dbSID})))"
            user="${dbUser}"
            password="${dbPasswordEncrypted}"
            testOnBorrow="true"
            testOnReturn="false"
            validationInterval="30000"
            validationQuery="select 1 from dual"/>
    Any help would be really truly appreciated!

Thanks

A little bit of Googling would suggest that you're not alone. There a number of people experiencing the same 17008 error code when accessing Oracle 10g from a variety of different app servers. This technote from IBM was perhaps the must helpful resource I found. It suggests that you may need a couple of patches from Oracle to address the problem.

Comment

Working...
    X