X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tc Server vs Tomcat7?

I am using Tomcat7 on my project and I was wondering what benefits does tc Server developer edition offer over it? tc Server is based on Tomcat6 correct? So wouldn't it make sense for me to use Tomcat7 instead of tc Server since it provides the following improvements over 6?

Web application memory leak detection and prevention
    Improved security for the Manager and Host Manager applications
    Generic CSRF protection
    Support for including external content directly in a web application
    Refactoring (connectors, lifecycle) and lots of internal code clean-up

tc Server 2.5 provides runtimes based on both Tomcat 6 and Tomcat 7. You can choose which version of the runtime to use when you create an instance. By using tc Server developer edition rather than Tomcat 7, one of the main benefits is that you'll be able to use Spring Insight to analyse your applications' performance. There's more information in the documentation about the benefits.

Comment

As I said in my reply above, tc Server 2.5 provides runtimes based on both Tomcat 6 and Tomcat 7. This applies to all tc Server editions, including developer edition.

By using tc Server 2.5 developer edition you get all of the benefits of Tomcat 7, and in addition you get Spring Insight and all of the other tc Server benefits.

Comment

Working...
      X