X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tc Server 2.1.2 Now Available

I'm pleased to announce that tc Server 2.1.2 is now available. This release contains a number defect fixes and upgrades the runtime to be based on Tomcat 6.0.32.

The changes in the release are:

** Defect
    * [TCS-1531] - Doc bug: instance creation syntax "--javahome" vs "--java-home"
    * [TCS-1635] - Quoting within the AGENT_PATHS and JAVA_AGENTS variables causes tcServer statup failure
    * [TCS-1642] - tcruntime-instance.sh fails with a NoClassDefFoundError when installed in a path containing spaces and run from another directory
    * [TCS-1643] - tcruntime-instance.sh displays the usage message and does not run when trying to specify an instance directory containing spaces using -i or --instance-directory
    * [TCS-1644] - Typo in description of --java-home in tcruntime-instance's usage message -- "to bse used" instead of "to be used"
    * [TCS-1646] - Configuration prompts for property placeholders in setenv.properties must have their property names prefixed with the template's name
    * [TCS-1649] - Auto-discovery scan is performed following a restart, even though the JMX configuration has not changed
    * [TCS-1650] - 2.1.1 tc runtime instance is failed to start in AIX 6.1
    * [TCS-1676] - Default prompts are output for properties in the default connector template when creating an instance in interactive mode
    * [TCS-1686] - Usage message for all commands state that -h displays the usage information for create
    * [TCS-1698] - Starting a tc server with a slash before the name causing problems when trying to restart later.
    * [TCS-1743] - Poor error handling when a user explicitly specifies the base template when creating an instance
    * [TCS-1800] - The Server Configuration screen does not load when HQ is behind a load balancer
    * [TCS-1811] - Not able to restart server using tcsadmin by passing servername or serverid as options to restart command

Please see the tc Server Web pages for more information: http://www.springsource.com/products/tcserver

Hi Ben,

We are using tcserver 2.0.3 and planning to upgrade now. Shall we go for tcServer 2.1.2 instead of 2.0.6.
    May i know the major difference between tcServer 2.0.6 and tcserver.2.1.2 and its constraints.

Thanks
    Sudhakar Muthuswamy

Comment

There are two main benefits of the 2.1.x line over the 2.0.x line.

Firstly, the 2.1.x contains signficantly improved support from creating instances using templates. In 2.0.x you can only use a single template at a time, in 2.1.x you can combine multiple templates when creating an instance.

Secondly, the 2.1.x HQ plugin works with Hyperic 4.5, whereas the 2.0.x HQ plugin does not. If you're interested in tc Server's management and monitoring capabilities, then using 2.1.x will also allow you to take advantage of all the improvements in Hyperic 4.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Hale View Post
        I'm pleased to announce that tc Server 2.1.2 is now available. This release contains a number defect fixes and upgrades the runtime to be based on Tomcat 6.0.32.
        We are currently running our GWT webapps on Glassfish 2.1.1 and plan to move to Tomcat in the coming months.

We would like to use Spring TC Server with Tomcat 7 runtime.

Do you publish any roadmap for Tomcat 7 compatibility ?

Best regards

Frederic

Comment

We don't publish a formal roadmap, but I can say that Tomcat 7 support is firmly in our sights. We're really just waiting for it to be sufficiently stable for us to endorse its use in a production environment.

Comment

+1 for Servlet 3....

web.xml is evil Hopefully this is not 6 months away.....

@WebServlet(
            name = "helloSpringModule",
            urlPatterns = {"/helloSvc/*"},
            loadOnStartup = 2 ,
            initParams = {
            @WebInitParam (name = "contextConfigLocation", value = "svcHello/springHello.xml"),
            @WebInitParam (name = "param2", value = "value2")}
            )
            public class HelloSpringMvc extends DispatcherServlet {

Comment

Frederic, Peter, you'll hopefully be pleased to learn that tc Server 2.5 has been released. This release includes support for Tomcat 7.

Comment

All TcServer Version/download details

I could not able to find the previous Tc Server version downloads and details.

Any web path/ URL is available to get the details.

Comment

Originally posted by msudhakar07 View Post
                  I could not able to find the previous Tc Server version downloads and details.

Any web path/ URL is available to get the details.
                  AFAIK, earlier versions are only available to support customers. If you are a support customer, the support team should be able to help.

Comment

Any new patches(security or any) launched for TcServer 2.1.2 to proceed.

Comment

read the stuff it is clear to me and helps me a lot thanks for the post.

Comment

Working...
                      X