Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring TC Versus JBoss WebServer

Guys,
    I am debating between the usage of above two.

Our applications are very simple web-application using struts/springs/hibernate/jms client....
    we need lightweight container: I love being lean thin and mean.

For Operations, it would be important to have very good a very good admin console with some decent basic as well as advance capabilities.

Why would I not use souped up TomCat a.k.a JBoss Web Server instead of Spring TCv server ?

Thanks

Deepak

Until tc server supports jtm, you will have to go with jboss in this case. You are already using jms and hibernate. That's two resource manager right there. Here, I am assuming transaction and 2pc is important for your project..

Comment

Originally posted by tosehee View Post
      Until tc server supports jtm, you will have to go with jboss in this case. You are already using jms and hibernate. That's two resource manager right there. Here, I am assuming transaction and 2pc is important for your project..
      Thanks,
      Transaction and 2PC is not important/used in our apps.
      Our apps though act as JMS clients.

Comment

Well, if you are planning to post to jms server in transaction, you are already talking 2pc here..

Comment

Originally posted by tosehee View Post
          Well, if you are planning to post to jms server in transaction, you are already talking 2pc here..
          we post jms messages but not in transaction

Comment

I think this is fairly accurate. In light of the changes in a newer and lighter EJB 3.0, there are still plenty who behave as if EJB was still in its 2.x days and unusable. In addition, there is a bit of a stigma with using Java standards or JBoss stuff and Gavin has been involved in a number of heated ‘debates’ over the years. As a result, there is plenty of (unreasonable) animosity on these issues in the Javalobby and Server Side forums.

Comment

Regarding transaction management we needed JTA with 2PC thru XA protocol.

Our infrastructure is based on Spring/JPA (with hibernate runtime)/JMS

We sucessfully implemented transaction management in TC server using Atomikos.

By the way, we've been astonished by Spring Insight: it's wonderfull product to monitor requests performance and incrementally improve performances.

Keep up the good work !

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Frederic! I've passed your comments on to the Insight team.

Comment

Working...
                X