X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tc Server performance versus Tomcat

I am new to using tc Server and am looking to switch over from just regular Tomcat & Apache.

I was curious as to what performance overhead is incurred through Insight metric tracking as well as the other additional features.

In some sample deploys, I have noticed that the tc Sever has a considerably longer startup time than Tomcat. With the same webapp, it takes Tomcat ~15 seconds to start up, while tc Server talks anywhere between 25-35 seconds to start up. I understand that the Insight implementation requires recompiling some jsps which results in some overhead, but why is there such a large disparity?

In addition to start of time, does the tc Server have any run time performance overhead as opposed to Tomcat?

Any resources on the subject would be appreciated, too. I haven't been able to find much of the server's performance, just the features.

John

There should be no, noticable, performance difference, at runtime, between the servers.

The difference in startup times has nothing to do with JSP compiling but with the fact that, when using Insight, loadtime weaving is applied to all classes and this takes time (the more classes the bigger the delay).

Comment

Working...
    X