Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the parent flow is started with ?mode=embedded, the subflows also work as embedded. Works for me at least. In primefaces I have to make commandButton ajax="false" to work in post-redirect mode if the parent is started as embedded.

Comment

Thanks, I was facing some issues to get subflows in embedded mode, but will try that again and see if i can get it working as well

Comment

If you have any clue, please do not hesitate to share!
        http://pandorabracletshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by yanaga View Post
          If the parent flow is started with ?mode=embedded, the subflows also work as embedded. Works for me at least. In primefaces I have to make commandButton ajax="false" to work in post-redirect mode if the parent is started as embedded.
          Thanks Yanaga. ajax="false" is the key.

Comment

Hi all,

Did anyone make any progress with using <input name="mode" value="'embedded'"/> - the way it is in the sample?

Kevin.

Comment

Hi,

I did some debugging and I discovered that the problem is that FlowExecutionImpl.start(....) only gets called when the parent flow starts but not when the embedded sub flow starts. This method is responsible for checking for the embedded attribute which since it doesn't get called when the sub flow kicks off means that the embedded mode is never triggered.

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Kevin.

Comment

Ok did some more digging and I found out why the example works.

The example puts mode=embedded into the URL when launching the flow. You can see that in the source code here:
                https://src.springframework.org/svn/...ews/home.xhtml

Code:
                <h:outputLink value="top-flow-with-embedded-subflow?mode=embedded&amp;tab=1" >
                This means that the mode='embedded' parameter in the Webflow config is not needed.

I think this is a bug with Spring WebFlow as it doesn't work the way I think it was intended to.

Regards,
                Kevin.

Comment

Agreed. As I posted before, it only works when you start the parent flow with the url parameter mode=embedded.

Perhaps should we fill a JIRA issue to webflow?

Comment

I am getting an issue with the spring-webflows-samples in 2.3.0. I run mvn package in spring-webflows-samples ->booking-mvc.

I get the following errors:

mvn package
                    [INFO] Scanning for projects...
                    [WARNING]
                    [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for org.springframework.webflow.samples:booking-mvc:war:2.3.0.RELEASE
                    [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin is missing. @ line 244, column 12
                    [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin is missing. @ line 252, column 12
                    [WARNING]
                    [WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
                    [WARNING]
                    [WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.
                    [WARNING]
                    [INFO]
                    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    [INFO] Building Hotel Booking : Spring MVC + Web Flow + JSP 2.3.0.RELEASE
                    Downloading: http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/j...tags-1.0.2.pom
                    [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
                    [INFO] Total time: 1.282s
                    [INFO] Finished at: Thu Oct 27 15:39:17 EDT 2011
                    [INFO] Final Memory: 4M/81M
                    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project booking-mvc: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.springframework.webflow.samples:booking-mvc:war:2.3.0.RELEASE: Failed to collect dependencies for [org.springframework:spring-webmvc:jar:3.0.5.RELEASE (compile), org.springframework:spring-jdbc:jar:3.0.5.RELEASE (compile), org.springframework:spring-orm:jar:3.0.5.RELEASE (compile), org.springframework.webflow:spring-webflow:jar:2.3.0.RELEASE (compile), org.springframework.webflow:spring-js:jar:2.3.0.RELEASE (compile), org.springframework.security:spring-security-web:jar:3.0.2.RELEASE (compile), org.springframework.security:spring-security-taglibs:jar:3.0.2.RELEASE (compile), org.springframework.security:spring-security-config:jar:3.0.2.RELEASE (compile), org.slf4j:slf4j-api:jar:1.5.10 (compile), org.slf4j:jcl-over-slf4j:jar:1.5.10 (compile), org.slf4j:slf4j-log4j12:jar:1.5.10 (runtime), log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.15 (runtime), org.hsqldb:hsqldb:jar:1.8.0.10 (runtime), org.hibernate:hibernate-entitymanager:jar:3.5.0-Final (compile), javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.5 (provided), javax.servlet.jsp:jsp-api:jar:2.1 (provided), javax.servlet:jstl:jar:1.2 (compile), org.apache.tiles:tiles-jsp:jar:2.1.3 (compile), org.hibernate:hibernate-validator:jar:4.1.0.Beta1 (compile), javax.xml.bind:jaxb-api:jar:2.1 (compile), joda-time:joda-time:jar:1.6 (compile), joda-time:joda-time-jsptags:jar:1.0.2 (runtime), org.easymock:easymock:jar:2.5.2 (test), junit:junit:jar:3.8.2 (test), org.springframework:spring-test:jar:3.0.5.RELEASE (test)]: Failed to read artifact descriptor for joda-time:joda-time-jsptags:jar:1.0.2: Could not transfer artifact joda-time:joda-time-jsptagsom:1.0.2 from/to org.jboss.repository (http://repository.jboss.org/maven2): Access denied to: http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/j...tags-1.0.2.pom -> [Help 1]
                    [ERROR]
                    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
                    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
                    [ERROR]
                    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
                    [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/d...utionException

Comment

The jboss repository has been removed. You can either get the latest code by checking it out from the 2.3 branch or modify the pom.xml removing the jobss repo.

Comment

Hi Rossen,

I am using SWF 2.3 and I dont see any support for Client Continuation Repository. Why is that? I was thinking in implementing my web flows in such way to support failover and scalability.

Thanks,
                        Marco

Comment

When will jsf 2.0 support with portlets be introduced? I've had to revert to flow-less session behavior for portlet apps.. (It sucks)

Comment

Working...
                          X