Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial for using Spring Web Flow 2.2.1 ?

2/9/2011
    Okay, I have learned a little more from documentation and trial & error efforts.
    Using Maven, I am unable to build the Spring Web Flow jars with the exception of spring-js-resource. Is this unusual?
    Spring Web Flow Project jars
    - spring-binding
    - spring-faces
    - spring-js
    ok: spring-js-resources
    - spring-webflow

Using Maven, I can build all the sample projects, but only 2 run in Tomcat. Do the others require a different container/server?
    Spring Web Flow Samples
    ok: booking-faces
    ok: booking-mvc
    run fail: booking-portlet-faces
    run fail: booking-portlet-mvc
    run fail: jsf-booking

The very same projects in Eclipse show many errors. I am using Eclipse version "Helios Service Release 1" with the Spring IDE and Spring STS. Are there a compatibility issues with my version of Eclipse?

I will work my way through the Web Flow reference doc:
    http://static.springsource.org/sprin...reference.html
    and other docs on http://www.springsource.org/documentation.

If there is an easier way to learn Spring Web Flow, I will greatly appreciate some advice.

thanks

2/8/2011
    Are there detail instructions to assist with building and learning Spring Web Flow 2.2.1?

I am new to the Spring Framework and I need to learn Spring Web Flow. I have downloaded Spring Web Flow version 2.2.1 and failed to build with: Ant/Ivy, Maven, and Eclipse. I have modified the Ivy settings file, Maven POM, and Eclipse project classpath following notes from http://static.springsource.org/sprin...l/ch01s06.html.

Examples of some errors.

Error: Ant/Ivy for booking-faces:
    org.primefaces#primefaces;2.2.M1-SNAPSHOT: not found

Error: Maven for spring-bindings:
    package org.jboss.el does not exist

Error: Maven for spring-faces:
    cannot find symbol
    symbol : class ExpressionFactoryImpl
    location: class org.springframework.binding.expression.el.ELExpres sionParserTests
    org.apache.myfaces.test.base does not exist

Errors: Eclipse numerous errors...
    I downloaded about 13 dependencies and put them in the Ivy-cache then added them to the project classpath.
    There are numerous build errors.

Thanks for whatever resources you can point me towards, to get started with learning and using Spring Web Flow.
    Last edited by katzenbrowe; Feb 9th, 2011, 05:49 PM.

Just 1 piece of puzzle:
    run fail: booking-portlet-faces
    run fail: booking-portlet-mvc
    You need some portal to run these 2. E.g. Liferay. But I wasn't able to make it run anyway.

Comment

HI,

I think this basic article will be helpful:Introduction to Spring Web Flow (SWF)

Comment

Working...
      X