Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing subflow name/expression from subflow state

<subflow-state id="testSubFlow" subflow="testsubflow">

From any listener or action, is there a way to read this "subflow" expression value?. Looks like the spring "SubFlowState" does not provide easy access to this and this is not accessible through getAttributes() on the state. I am seeking a generic way to get this.

I just put the flow name to a variable in flowscope or viewscope..
    Maybe not good, but it works.

Originally posted by aybh View Post
    <subflow-state id="testSubFlow" subflow="testsubflow">

From any listener or action, is there a way to read this "subflow" expression value?. Looks like the spring "SubFlowState" does not provide easy access to this and this is not accessible through getAttributes() on the state. I am seeking a generic way to get this.

Comment

Yeah thats not a scalable solution. I am surprised Spring's SubFlowState does not make this available to query. It would have been also nice to get a handle on subflowattributemapper for example during exceptions. That is also inaccessible and internal to the SubFlowState. And I don't want to supply a custom subflowattributemapper.

Comment

get current flow id using:
        flowExecutionContext.activeSession.definition.id

get parent flow id in a flow using:
        flowExecutionContext.activeSession.parent.definiti on.id

tested with:
        Code:
        <set name="conversationScope.test" value="flowExecutionContext.activeSession.parent.definition.id"></set>

Comment

This does not help. From within the subflow you can access the flow id and the parent flow id but that is not what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
          X