Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• migration from richfaces to primefaces

Hello,

I am in the (experimental) process of migrating a SWF/JSF/Richfaces application to SWF/JSF/Primefaces.
    I am using Spring 3.0.5, SWF 2.2.1 and Primefaces 2.2.RC2.

It seems pretty promising, however I am facing some issues:

1/ popups: I could not make webflow popup views work.
    I am wondering if the feature is even supported.
    Is there a working example somewhere?

2/ Since I use primefaces, I'd like to get ride of jboss stuff such as:
    HTML Code:
        <context-param>
            <param-name>com.sun.faces.expressionFactory</param-name>
            <param-value>org.jboss.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl</param-value>
        </context-param>
    in my web.xml. But I could not find any SpringEL ExpressionFactoryImpl replacement for that. Am I missing something?

Sincerely,

Nicolas.

It's possible to create a popup within the same view state. You'll find an example in the Web Flow - PrimeFaces showcase repository. The view-state popup attribute however is not supported.

I don't see why do you would need the JBoss EL implementation? Certainly not for Web Flow, nor for PrimeFaces.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

1/ In my current app, some of my subflow have their view state popup attribute set to true, and it works like a charm.
      It was one of the killer feature that made us choose SWF vs Seam
      I am wondering how I could achieve the same behavior with Primefaces.
      My goal is really to leverage subflows.
      I have studied the prime faces showcase, were you referring to the modal-dialog-inv-iew flow example?

2/ I want to be able to pass parameters to certain method from my pages: for example: action="#{templateBean.setTemplate('template1CH')} "
      Without jboss EL I get
      Error Parsing: #{templateBean.setTemplate('template1CH')}

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas View Post
        1/ In my current app, some of my subflow have their view state popup attribute set to true, and it works like a charm.
        It was one of the killer feature that made us choose SWF vs Seam
        I am wondering how I could achieve the same behavior with Primefaces.
        My goal is really to leverage subflows.
        The view-state popup attribute implementation expects the client to do a few things: detect a response header that contains the redirect URL, follow the redirect by sending a second Ajax request, and then present the response in a modal dialog. This is not something supported by PrimeFaces (nor by any other library besides Spring Faces). However given that libraries typically support modal dialogs, what needs to be done isn't all that much. One user described experimenting along these lines with Rich Faces.

Another option is to add support for transitioning that doesn't require a redirect in the context of an Ajax request. It would allow you to keep a modal dialog up on the client side and continuously refresh its content via Ajax requests. It's a little trickier than that but that's the basic idea (see SWF-1390).

Originally posted by Nicolas View Post
        2/ I want to be able to pass parameters to certain method from my pages: for example: action="#{templateBean.setTemplate('template1CH')} "
        Without jboss EL I get
        Error Parsing: #{templateBean.setTemplate('template1CH')}
        Although the syntax is quite similar Spring EL does not implement the Unified EL Java APIs currently. I haven't seen any requests to do that yet.

Comment

OK thanks.

Originally posted by Rossen Stoyanchev View Post
          This is not something supported by PrimeFaces (nor by any other library besides Spring Faces).
          Is it supported to use Spring Faces in a jsf2 env along with PrimeFaces (using the default dojo modal dialog as currently supported) ?
          I was not able to do so.

Comment

Working...
          X