X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deploying a custom FlowHandler

I'm trying to incorporate part of the Booking-mvc SWF sample application into an existing Spring-MVC app. This is only a first step designed to get SWF working and allow our team to learn more about it.

We've successfully created a "hotels/booking" flow that is routing to the correct view. However, we're now trying to implement a custom FlowHandler, that closely follows the one in the sample app. The trouble is, I can't get the custom FlowHandler registered. I'm following the naming convention in the reference and placed the bean in the webmvc-config,

Code:
    <bean name="hotels/booking" class="adc.web.flowHandler.BookingFlowHandler" />
    The only time the process hits a method in the FlowHandler, is the getFlowId() method, and super.getFlowId() is returning null;

My question is, if a link to "hotels/booking" is good enough to start the flow, why isn't the custom FlowHandler (configured with the same name) recognized?
    Last edited by SpringFreeze; Oct 27th, 2010, 05:43 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Update?

Does anyone has an update to this?

I also want to implement a custom FlowHandler as described in http://static.springsource.org/sprin...l/ch10s04.html

When i add the bean like

Code:
    <bean name="hotels/booking" class="adc.web.flowHandler.BookingFlowHandler" />
    I want the handleExecutionOutcome method to be called but it never gets called.

My goal is to implement a different session failure and timeout behaviour. If you have a session timeout a new flow execution gets started but without the old URL parameters.

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

Comment

Working...
    X