Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWBIE: production use possible right now?!

hello,

i stumbled over the web flow project and think it is great!

so fare it seems to be recommended to use it for development only.

is the spring-webflow-pr5 ready to be used in production? I mean this code that is dealing with the combination of web flow and struts.

is this release functionally stable. i.e. maybe the api will change but the concept is robust and ready to use in production?

tia, leif

Although we don't officially recommend production use of SWF PR5 it has proven to be a very solid release. So far there have actually been no real bugs. So from a practical point of view PR5 is definately production quality -- I'm using it in production on one of my projects.

Since PR5 is still a 'preview', the API has not been set in stone just yet, so the first 'Release Candidate' releases might introduce minor API changes which will require some porting effort when going from PR5 to RC1 for instance.

Erwin

Comment

FWIW I am using it on a large project that will be going into production quite soon. I also recently gave an internal demo (on webflow) to our development team, and they will be adopting it for other large projects.

HTH.

Comment

We are using Spring Webflow (with a simple web flow) in JA-SIG Central Authentication Service 3.0.1 (And we've gone from PR3 to PR5 with all the API changes with minimal effort). Our soon-to-be-released 3.0.2 will include PR5.

Comment

Working...
        X