X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webflow or MVC

I'd like some guidance on the usage of Spring Webflow for a financial Enterprise application. If for example a system needed to to accommodate 500+ users, are there any adverse affects of building a solution completely with Webflow? Webflow is excellent for navigation control amongst other things, but are there any drawbacks in comparison to an MVC/Webflow hybrid? From what I've read, the Spring documentation suggests to use the MVC/Webflow hybrid approach where Webflow is simply used to control complex navigational scenarios. However, Webflow also seems to work quite nicely for simple maintenance screens where complex navigation is not required leaving me unsure of which is the best approach to take.
    Last edited by JustinB; Aug 23rd, 2010, 11:12 AM. Reason: Title change

As mentioned, SWF is best when you need to control the navigation, and the navigation is tightly constrained. It's tricky to use when you've got some form of free-form navigation.

Additionally, SWF is not RESTful, and since the URLs correspond with snapshots of your state (which are cleaned up when the session invalidates), SWF URLs are not bookmarkable.

Also keep in mind that SWF isn't designed to work with multiple tabs in the same app, so you won't be able to support that usage well if at all.

Comment

Working...
    X