Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic transaction question

Hi everyone,
    I just stumbled across SWF transactions and I wonder how you can use them.
    There are methods to start, end a transaction and to check wether a transaction is active or not. But I cannot see a way to commit or rollback a transaction. I know that continuations and transaction dont go well together http://forum.springframework.org/sho...?t=14460<br />, so you cannot simply roll back to a snapshot. But without automatic rollback, SWF transactions look more like a convenience method to store a token in flowscope and check wether it exists or not. Maybe it is impossible to provide a general rollback mechanism out of the box. But maybe I missed something and SWF is really so powefull that I can use it to have database-like transactions for wizard-like forms.

Can anyone give me a short a example (ok, not as short as the Itemlist in the SWF distribution ;-)) how to use transactions in SWF to commit and rollback changes made over several forms. Or at least tell me that this is not possible out of the box?
    Christian
    Last edited by robyn; May 14th, 2006, 08:16 PM.

The SWF 'transaction' stuff is not intended for database like transactions where you commit and rollback. Like you indicate, it's basically used to do 'user application transaction management' with a synchronizer token, not ACID database transactions.

Erwin

Comment

Working...
    X