X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing Sessions Between Servers

Hi, I am new with Spring and working on an application using Spring 2.5. The web side of the application is running on Tomcat 5.5, and the server side runs on JBoss 4.2.2. Is there anyway to pass the session from the web server to the application server in order to get its information?

Hmm..Tomcat is not a web server..its also an application server. If you are asking if there is a way to share http sessions between two application servers..then no..its not possible.

Comment

maheshguruswamy, thanks for the response... so, is there anyway to pass the http session using beans so that when I store or modify information on the data base, I can get the session on the Interceptor?

Comment

Can you describe your use case a little bit more in detail and what you are trying to do..this will help the forum members give suggestions suited to your particular problem.

Comment

Sure, I am implementing an auditing system using Interceptors. All the war files (the web applications) run on Tomcat, but the ear files (the core application and the Auditing System) run on JBoss. So I need to get the session information (user, IP, etc)from the web appication, to be store on the Auditing System, when the Interceptor is triggered on the core application. I hope I can make myself clear... :S

Comment

and how does the web tier talk to the mid tier? web service? RPC?

Comment

JMS thru ActiveMQ

Comment

hmm..cant you modify the object which is sent in the queue to include the other pieces of customer information?

Comment

I apologize. Actually, the communication between the tiers is done by a web service run by JBoss. The web tier calls a facade on the mid tier.

Comment

You could apply the same thing there as well..change the wsdl to accomodate other user data that need to be passed to the mid tier (there are probably a handful of other ways to do this as well)..point i am trying to make is..HTTP session on the web tier is something that belongs strictly in that tier and to that JVM..you shouldnt be tying it to your mid tier services.

Comment

Hi, I actually have a similiar issue. I have the client and the core running on separate servers, with Spring and acegi. The communication between the web application and the core application is done by RMI. I need to propagate the session from the web to the core.

Comment

Working...
                      X