X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event parameter usage

I'm considering building a flow to handle error events signaled to my application. I'd like to use the parameters provided on the Event class to provide the error cause and provide hints for further action after the error is signaled.

It appears that SWF doesn't explicitly make these parameters available the next state when the transition is made. I'm looking in FlowExecutionImpl.signalEvent(Event sourceEvent). So I'm curious, if event parameters are intended to provide extended information regarding an event, is there any further built-in handling of this data? Or should I create a FlowExecutionListener that provides Event parameters to the request scope?

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!
    -Alex

You can always access the event parameters of the originating (external) event using request.getSourceEvent().getParameter(...). The same is true for the last event signaled within the flow execution. SWF does not automatically map incoming event parameters to request or flow scope. If you want that you have to do it using an action (check AttributeMapperAction) or a FlowExecutionListener.

Erwin

Comment

Working...
    X