X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webflow 2.1.0 binds special request parameters to a model

I use webflow 2.1.0, spring 3.0.3 and tiles 2.1.2.
    After migration from webflow 2.0.9 to 2.1.0 (because of http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SWF-1234) a bug with binding started to occur.
    Root of problem (probably) lies in a fact that WebFlow tries to bind special request parameters to a model (particulary _eventId_XXX) ofcourse I don't have setter and getter form them as it is said in an an exception.
    Whats the matter!? I have found no recomendations in spring webflow users guide.

A detailed message, in exception caught in BeanWrapperExpression:
    Code:
    Invalid property 'eventId_create' of bean class [com.example.MyModelClass$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$fd143c9e]: Bean property 'eventId_create' is not writable or has an invalid setter method. Does the parameter type of the setter match the return type of the getter?

Judging from the exception it looks like you have a button or field named eventId_create instead of _eventId_create. You are probably missing a _ somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
      Judging from the exception it looks like you have a button or field named eventId_create instead of _eventId_create. You are probably missing a _ somewhere.
      No, I don't:

HTML Code:
      <input type="submit" value="Создать" name="_eventId_create">
      Last edited by E.Smirnov; Jul 12th, 2010, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Hmm strange, I can hardly imagine they overlooked this when upgrading to spring 3. Can you create a small testcase which shows this and create a JIRA issue.

Comment

I'll try, but frankly speaking these migration pitfals have crashed my schedule. By the way, I use it with spring dm server 1.0.2 ... whether it can affect somehow or not?

Comment

Originally posted by ommu
            Yeah! I have to say that I agree with martin. The reason you are having a bit of a problem is because you are lacking an underscore somewhere. If you can find it, good! Find it and fix it! The issue will be gone for certain! If you canít find it, seek some professional help they will find it for you! Of course, all this may take some time and some extra bugs from your pocket as well in order to get the bugs inside the computer!
            Extremely valuable answer

Comment

Working...
            X