Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting the example to work

Hello everyone,

this is my first attempt do deal with spring webflow, so I'm a noob.

First I want to make the examples work because if I can't even do that I'll probably won't be able to do anything with spring webflow 2.

So I followed the instructions in the readme file.
    - Imported the the project into eclipse
    - set up IVY_Cache variable under preferences

The result is I still get errors in eclipse on taglibs that can't be found. Here is what it looks like:
    http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/emh0-2-jpg.html

I'm using Eclipse 3.4.2

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Build webflow/samples, refresh afterwards else the jar files including the classes and taglibs aren't available.

Comment

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
      Build webflow/samples, refresh afterwards else the jar files including the classes and taglibs aren't available.
      Thank you, unfortunately it didn't work.

Now I tried to build everything outside eclipse, using ant from the spring webflow 2 distribution without dependencies. Doesn't work either:

[ivy:cachepath] downloading s3://repository.springsource.com/ivy/bundles/externa
      l/org.apache.commons/com.springsource.org.apache.commons.logging/1.1.1/com.sprin
      gsource.org.apache.commons.logging-1.1.1.jar ...
      [ivy:cachepath] .............. (60kB)
      [ivy:cachepath] (60kB)
      [ivy:cachepath] .. (0kB)
      [ivy:cachepath] (0kB)
      [ivy:cachepath] [SUCCESSFUL ] org.apache.commons#com.springsource.org.ap
      ache.commons.logging;1.1.1!com.springsource.org.ap ache.commons.logging.jar (1156
      ms)
      [ivy:cachepath] downloading s3://repository.springsource.com/ivy/bundles/release
      /org.springframework/org.springframework.beans/2.5.6.SEC01/org.springframework.b
      eans-2.5.6.SEC01.jar ...
      [ivy:cachepath] .............................................. (476kB)
      [ivy:cachepath] (476kB)
      [ivy:cachepath] [SUCCESSFUL ] org.springframework#org.springframework.be
      ans;2.5.6.SEC01!org.springframework.beans.jar (2469ms)
      org.springframework.build#org.springframew
      ork.build.ant;1.1.0.RELEASE!org.springframework.bu ild.ant.jar (1578ms)
      [ivy:cachepath] downloading s3://repository.springsource.com/ivy/bundles/externa
      l/org.eclipse.jdt/com.springsource.org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.bat ch/3.3.0/lic
      ense-3.3.0.txt ...
      [ivy:cachepath] .......... (10kB)
      [ivy:cachepath] (10kB)
      [ivy:cachepath] [SUCCESSFUL ] org.eclipse.jdt#com.springsource.org.eclip
      se.jdt.core.compiler.batch;3.3.0!license.txt(licen se) (1391ms)
      l/org.eclipse.jdt/com.springsource.org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.bat ch/3.3.0/com
      .springsource.org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.batch-sources-3.3.0.jar ...
      [ivy:cachepath] (1201kB)
      l/org.eclipse.jdt/com.springsource.org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.bat ch/3.3.0/com
      .springsource.org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.batch-3.3.0.jar ...
      [ivy:cachepath] ...........................................
      [ivy:cachepath] ...........................................
      [ivy:cachepath] ..........................................
      [ivy:cachepath] ... (1534kB)
      [ivy:cachepath] (1534kB)
      [ivy:cachepath] [SUCCESSFUL ] org.eclipse.jdt#com.springsource.org.eclip
      se.jdt.core.compiler.batch;3.3.0!com.springsource. org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.
      batch.jar (6281ms)
      [ivy:cachepath]
      [ivy:cachepath] :: problems summary ::
      [ivy:cachepath] :::: WARNINGS
      [ivy:cachepath] [FAILED ] org.eclipse.jdt#com.springsource.o
      rg.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.batch;3.3.0!com.sprin gsource.org.eclipse.jdt.core.c
      ompiler.batch-sources.jar(src): F:\programmieren\WM2010\spring-webflow-2.0.9.REL
      EASE\projects\spring-binding\..\ivy-cache\repository\org.eclipse.jdt\com.springs
      ource.org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.batch\3.3.0\co m.springsource.org.eclipse.jdt
      .core.compiler.batch-sources-3.3.0.jar.part (The filename, directory name, or vo
      lume label syntax is incorrect) (390ms)
      [ivy:cachepath] [FAILED ] org.eclipse.jdt#com.springsource.o
      rg.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.batch;3.3.0!com.sprin gsource.org.eclipse.jdt.core.c
      ompiler.batch-sources.jar(src): F:\programmieren\WM2010\spring-webflow-2.0.9.REL
      EASE\projects\spring-binding\..\ivy-cache\repository\org.eclipse.jdt\com.springs
      ource.org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.batch\3.3.0\co m.springsource.org.eclipse.jdt
      .core.compiler.batch-sources-3.3.0.jar.part (The filename, directory name, or vo
      lume label syntax is incorrect) (390ms)
      [ivy:cachepath] ==== bundle-external-repository: tried
      [ivy:cachepath] s3://repository.springsource.com/ivy/bundles/external/
      org.eclipse.jdt/com.springsource.org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.bat ch/3.3.0/com.s
      pringsource.org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.batch-sources-3.3.0.jar
      [ivy:cachepath] ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
      [ivy:cachepath] :: FAILED DOWNLOADS ::
      [ivy:cachepath] :: ^ see resolution messages for details ^ ::
      [ivy:cachepath] :: org.eclipse.jdt#com.springsource.org.eclipse.
      jdt.core.compiler.batch;3.3.0!com.springsource.org .eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.bat
      ch-sources.jar(src)
      [ivy:cachepath] :: USE VERBOSE OR DEBUG MESSAGE LEVEL FOR MORE DETAILS
      [subant] Leaving directory: F:\programmieren\WM2010\spring-webflow-2.0.9.RELE
      ASE\projects\spring-binding

BUILD FAILED
      F:\programmieren\WM2010\spring-webflow-2.0.9.RELEASE\projects\spring-build\multi
      -bundle\artifact.xml:45: The following error occurred while executing this line:

F:\programmieren\WM2010\spring-webflow-2.0.9.RELEASE\projects\spring-build\multi
      -bundle\common.xml:71: The following error occurred while executing this line:
      F:\programmieren\WM2010\spring-webflow-2.0.9.RELEASE\projects\spring-build\stand
      ard\artifact.xml:16: impossible to resolve dependencies:
      resolve failed - see output for details

Total time: 1 minute 9 seconds
      F:\programmieren\WM2010\spring-webflow-2.0.9.RELEASE\projects\build-spring-webfl
      ow>
      My noobism must be more serious than I thought.

Comment

You are on windows, judging from some of the paths the path length exceeds the maximum length windows can handle and hence the build fails. Try putting the webflow directory in the root of F instead of F:\programmieren\WM2010\

Comment

Omg! Thank you.

The build failed but it got way farther down the road (almost took 7 minutes) so your suggestion was correct. Maybe some path length are still too long?

jar:
          [mkdir] Created dir: F:\spring-webflow-2.0.9.RELEASE\projects\spring-webflow
          -library\target\artifacts
          [copy] Copying 1 file to F:\spring-webflow-2.0.9.RELEASE\projects\spring-we
          bflow-library\target\artifacts
          :: delivering :: org.springframework.webflow#org.springframework.we bflow-library
          ;working@hell9000 :: 2.0.9.BUILD-20100503124843 :: integration :: Mon May 03 12:
          48:43 CEST 2010
          delivering ivy file to F:\spring-webflow-2.0.9.RELEASE\projects\spring-w
          ebflow-library\target\artifacts\ivy.xml
          :: publishing :: org.springframework.webflow#org.springframework.we bflow-library

publish aborted: deleted F:\spring-webflow-2.0.9.RELEASE\projects\spring
          -webflow-library\..\integration-repo\org.springframework.webflow\org.springframe
          work.webflow-library\2.0.9.BUILD-20100503124843.part
          [subant] Leaving directory: F:\spring-webflow-2.0.9.RELEASE\projects\spring-w
          ebflow-library

BUILD FAILED
          F:\spring-webflow-2.0.9.RELEASE\projects\spring-build\multi-bundle\artifact.xml:
          45: The following error occurred while executing this line:
          F:\spring-webflow-2.0.9.RELEASE\projects\spring-build\multi-bundle\common.xml:71
          : The following error occurred while executing this line:
          F:\spring-webflow-2.0.9.RELEASE\projects\spring-build\library\artifact.xml:27: i
          mpossible to publish artifacts for org.springframework.webflow#org.springframewo
          rk.webflow-library;working@hell9000: java.io.FileNotFoundException: F:\spring-we
          bflow-2.0.9.RELEASE\projects\spring-webflow-library\..\integration-repo\org.spri
          ngframework.webflow\org.springframework.webflow-library\2.0.9.BUILD-201005031248
          43.part\org.springframework.webflow-library-2.0.9.BUILD-20100503124843.libd.sha1
          (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

Total time: 6 minutes 52 seconds
          F:\spring-webflow-2.0.9.RELEASE\projects\build-spring-webflow>
          If this persists I'll switch to linux - I guess no dev in here uses windows anyways or else someone would have stumbled upon this already... ^^ But there should be really a hint to this in the readme file or instructions elsewhere.

Thank you for your help, I'm learning from this.

Comment

New week, new attempt.

Thanks for the help so far.

I switched to Linux (opensuse 11.2) and carried on. After setting ANT_OPTS to a higher MaxPermSize the whole build process runs smoothly... until it tries to run the junit tests that is...

The problem seems to be that ant doesn't find the classes for junit testing. Am I getting this right?
            Code:
            resolve.compile:
            [ivy:cachepath] :: Ivy 2.1.0 - 20090925235825 :: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ ::
            [ivy:cachepath] :: loading settings :: file = /home/horschte/spring3/projects/spring-build/common/ivysettings.xml

resolve.test:

compile.init:

test.init:

test.do:
                [mkdir] Created dir: /home/horschte/spring3/projects/org.springframework.core/target/test-classes
              [s:javac] Compiling 87 source files to /home/horschte/spring3/projects/org.springframework.core/target/test-classes
                 [copy] Copying 4 files to /home/horschte/spring3/projects/org.springframework.core/target/test-classes
               [subant] Leaving directory: /home/horschte/spring3/projects/org.springframework.core

BUILD FAILED
            /home/horschte/spring3/projects/spring-build/multi-bundle/quality.xml:28: The following error occurred while executing this line:
            /home/horschte/spring3/projects/spring-build/multi-bundle/common.xml:71: The following error occurred while executing this line:
            /home/horschte/spring3/projects/spring-build/common/quality.xml:54: The following error occurred while executing this line:
            /home/horschte/spring3/projects/spring-build/common/quality.xml:245: Problem: failed to create task or type junit
            Cause: the class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask was not found.
                    This looks like one of Ant's optional components.
            Action: Check that the appropriate optional JAR exists in
                    -/usr/share/ant/lib
                    -/root/.ant/lib
                    -a directory added on the command line with the -lib argument

Do not panic, this is a common problem.
            The commonest cause is a missing JAR.

This is not a bug; it is a configuration problem

Total time: 1 minute 13 seconds
            linux-9pb9:/home/horschte/spring3/projects/build-spring-framework #
            Well, I didn't panic. Included the jars in the lib dir of ant.
            ant-junit.jar and junit-4.8.2.jar

How can I find out which classpath ant currently sees? My approach was to change the quality.xml in [basespringdir]/projects/spring-build/common in the right fashion and add the missing classpath. Strange that ant doesn't recognize the jars in the lib dir...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I feel kind of embarressed now but I wanted to let all the other noobs out there know how I got it to work.

After fiddling a while with trying to put the jars in the right folder, passing -lib options I just installed optional ant package ant-junit. That was not enough, ant-trax was needed, too. Perhaps someone can enlighten why this worked and trying to make ant aware of the jars didn't. After increasing MaxPermSize to 768M it finally went through - BUILD SUCCESSFUL. I hope other configuration stuff for Spring Web Flow isn't as bad. At least I'll be working in Eclipse, so there is some hope. ^^

Comment

Working...
              X