Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I store values in session?

Hi,

How can I store values in session after successful execution of some action using webflow?

I don't know if this is what you mean, but it should be something like this:

context.getFlowScope().setAttributes( context.getSourceEvent().getParameters() );

Comment

If you want to store something in the HTTP session (the post above puts something in the flow scope), use this:

Code:
      ((ServletEvent)context.getSourceEvent()).getRequest().getSession().setAttribute(...);
      Erwin

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

Hi ,

I used the following code

((Scope)(context.getFlowScope())).put("backRef","1 ");

Once I set the variable I am able to access successfully in jsp page as follows

c:if test="${backRef ==\"1\"}">
          <a href="journal.toc?_flowExecutionId=${flowExecution Id}&_eventId=selectBackRef">Select Article</a>
          </c:if>

Itís working fine. But I replaced
          ((Scope)(context.getFlowScope())).put("backRef","1 "); with

((ServletEvent)context.getSourceEvent()).getReques t().getSession().setAttribute(("backRef","1");

and itís not working, backRef attribute is coming as null in jsp page.

Am I missing anything?

Comment

potential red herring warning

replace
            Code:
            c&#58;if test="$&#123;backRef ==\"1\"&#125;">
            with
            Code:
            c&#58;if test="$&#123;backRef =='1'&#125;">
            Might be nothing

Comment

All data in flow scope and request scope is made available to the JSP as request attributes, so you can simply do things like '<c:out value="${backRef}"/>'.

However, the content of the HTTP session is not directly available in the request attributes, so in that case you should do: '<c:out value="sessionScope.backRef"/>'.

Note that this is not related to the use of SWF. Read a few articles about the Servlet API and JSTL to find out more.

Erwin

Comment

putting objects into HTTP Session

I found this code in an earlier post and thought that answers my question about "How to put objects into the HTTP session":

Code:
                ((ServletEvent)context.getSourceEvent()).getRequest().getSession().setAttribute(...);
                It seems that ServletEvent has been deprecated, so I used this approach:
                Code:
                context.getExternalContext().getSessionMap().put(EsConsts.FLOW_TYPE, flowId);
                That seems to do the job. Does anyone know if this is the proper way to do that?

cheers
                challey

Comment

yes, that is correct, as per ref docs and javadocs.

Keith

Comment

Working...
                  X