Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Spring Webflow still alive?

Comment

I second the question about whether Spring Webflow is still alive and the status of Webflow 3. I am considering introducing the use of Spring Web Flow with JSF for new development but the silence on this topic has me concerned.

Comment

I'm also wondering what the deal is with portlet,jsf 2, webflow combo

I'm also wondering what the deal is with portlet,jsf 2, webflow combo

Comment

It would be nice if someone could tell us about the status and future of spring webflow. I've been building a system with the last stable release, but I don't want to spend more time working on a dead technology. Please give us some info

BTW, what other frameworks are out there to manage flows like SWF?

Comment

again .. is it still alive?

we also plan to use SWF in our JSF2 application. but it is silence around SWF since over a year.
            So i countinue the question of previous users:
            is SWF going to be developed anymore?
            will this Project continue?
            is it planned to integrate Conversation Handling in Spring Core iteself? (i saw it was originally planned for 3.1 but then cancelled)
            Or is CDI Conversation scopes the future direction?

Questions .. questions..

Comment

It is quite frustrating as a company who has paid for training and consultancy to not get feedback regarding this issue. We use webflow heavily and a number of the bugs in the 2.3.1 queue are major for us. Would be useful at least if the release date could be updated as the 31st Jan has long passed not to mention the 3.0 dates.
              Could a SpringSource member comment please?

Comment

An overdue 2.3.1 maintenance release should be coming soon.

To be followed by more 2.x releases later this year keeping up with a range of 3rd party dependencies, upgrading the code base to Java 5/6, providing deeper integration with Spring MVC 3.1 features, and addressing popular requests in JIRA. If there are issues you really care about make sure you've voted or commented.

The project recently moved to Github and an issue repository has been created to allow anyone to demonstrate issues. I'd like to encourage everyone to consider using it and help to get issues resolved quicker. Two more upcoming related changes are moving to a Gradle-based build and splitting out the samples from the distribution to make it easier to build and maintain them as independent projects on Github.

There is currently no set date for a Spring Web Flow 3 release. Version 3 tickets are currently being reviewed for inclusion in 2.4 or subsequent releases so once again if there are things you care about please vote, comment, and discuss. The flagship Web Flow 3 item -- Java-based flow definitions, is still under consideration although currently on hold as we move forward with other important goals mentioned above.

Comment

Thanks for the response Rossen, thats great news Webflow is still on the roadmap.

Comment

Re-iterating, thanks for the reply Rossen - this is a unique product and it would be a shame if it died (plus I just advised my company to start using it and am having self-doubts!)

Comment

Working...
                    X