Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overload a bean implementation

Hi everyone,

I've decided to add a DAO/ORM layer to the phonebook. In this context i decided to use spring-core to glue together my dao with the app, without any modification to the app.
    I can easily change the PhoneBook implementation by changing this line in the service-layer.xml

Code:
    		<bean id="phoneBook" class="org.springframework.webflow.samples.phonebook.domain.ArrayListPhoneBook"/>
    However my plan is not to touched to this orignal source code, including the original config file. Is there anyway , to say to spring-core, in a different config file, that the <bean id="phonebook" ... > is overload by a new implementation ?

PS : I post this in the webflow forum because i wanted people reading to be familliar with the phonebook samples. If administrators want to move it to spring core, it's ok with me...

Well, what you would typically do is use a different context definition file. E.g. replace the use of the "service-layer.xml" file that defines the phoneBook bean with use of a "orm-service-layer.xml" context that defines a different ORM based implementation of the phoneBook bean.

The change woul happen in the web.xml deployment descriptor (contextConfigLocation).

Erwin

Comment

Well that's force me to replace the service-layer.xml file, isn't it ?

My goals is actually to change the implementation without any change to the phonebook package... Is there no way to override a bean ?

Comment

You don't necessarily have to change the service-layer.xml file, but replace it with another one by changing web.xml.

Anyway you look at it, you'll have to edit web.xml since even if there was a "bean override" feature, you'd still have to add the context definition with your overriding bean to web.xml.

Erwin

Comment

Working...
        X