Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring MVC Jasper related question

Hi,
    While creating a template (xml file) to be used for jasper generated reports, there is this Query String element which is used to populate the report when using a datsource to get the data. But if I am using the values from a bean or a Collection which will have the necessary values in it, should I be creating the reporting template file without that Query String element in there or whats the approach, is it mandatory? Also if there are online references doing it this way to generate the reports, it will be helpful?

regards
    Aravias

You can check the tutorials I wrote for Spring and Jasper at http://krams915.blogspot.com/p/tutorials.html

Comment

No, you do not need to include the query string in the template if you use beans as data source.
      You can use query string to test your reports. When the design is done, you can simply remove the query string from the template when you deploy it to spring.

Originally posted by aravias View Post
      Hi,
      While creating a template (xml file) to be used for jasper generated reports, there is this Query String element which is used to populate the report when using a datsource to get the data. But if I am using the values from a bean or a Collection which will have the necessary values in it, should I be creating the reporting template file without that Query String element in there or whats the approach, is it mandatory? Also if there are online references doing it this way to generate the reports, it will be helpful?

regards
      Aravias

Comment

Working...
      X